Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Mirena Coil  (Read 3672 times)

ann58

Mirena Coil
« on: May 25, 2014, 12:42:59 PM »

I had a mirena coil fitted on Tuesday. Since then I have felt so tired...zero energy! I had general anaesthetic and that took it out of me a bit. I also have to wait a few weeks before I can take the oestrogen. Has anyone else felt this tired when they first got a mirena?

Linsey44

Re: Mirena Coil
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 04:05:17 PM »

Hi Ann

Hopefully you will pick up soon, from experience (4 surgeries with GA) you can feel the effects of a GA for quite some time, its still early days.

I had mirena years ago and can't remember if it made me tired or not, maybe someone else with be able to help you.

take care X

ann58

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 04:11:04 PM »

Thank you for your reply. I am thinking I may have been given stronger GA this time as the time before I woke up in theatre before they had finished (Tooth extraction)! I also had morphine and other drugs this time.

ann58

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 03:04:39 PM »

I have got more anxious over the weekend and have just spent today crying. I called the consultant and he said rather than wait a few weeks to start the oestrogen he thinks I should start it now. Going to the doctors at 5 for my prescription.

nelliedee

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 03:34:07 PM »

Good luck ann I hope it helps you and that this period passes quickly and you feel better soon x

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 03:40:33 PM »

I hope it works for you soon Ann.

Taz x

ann58

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 05:42:11 PM »

I have the prescription but the chemist can't get it until tomorrow  :(
I will keep you posted on how well it works.

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 06:16:50 PM »

Do you think that it's the coil making you feel weepy? It can take a while to get used to the progesterone. We have two women in our office at work who both had the coil inserted. One got on fine with it but the other had weepiness and depression and had it removed. It will be a while before you know if it suits you or not I think and, of course, you are also possibly still reacting to the GA which can make some people feel quite down for a while after.

Keep posting to let us know how you are doing and, most of all, be kind to yourself.

Taz x  :hug:

ann58

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 06:18:44 PM »

I am hoping Taz that it is just the oestrogen making me feel weepy and that once I get it I will feel better.

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 06:27:30 PM »

Yes of course - but just meant that it may take a while to settle even with the oestrogen so don't feel too downhearted if it's not an instant feel good!

Taz x

ann58

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 06:42:51 PM »

We are supposed to be going on holiday a week on Saturday so I am really hoping to feel a bit better, I won't want to go if I feel as bad as I do today. Hormones!!!!!

nelliedee

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 11:04:04 AM »

Just keep chatting on here Ann and keep yourself as busy as poss. Fingers crossed things settle for you x

ann58

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2014, 11:33:15 AM »

I put the oestrogen patch on yesterday morning. Feeling a little brighter today and slept much better last night but I have started bleeding this morning. I just hope it won't last long. It is just very light.