Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 2014 - A New Challenge  (Read 12349 times)

Ju Ju

Re: 2014 - A New Challenge
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2014, 02:13:51 PM »

The trouble with being able to read music is that you can neglect your other senses. When my son was 10, I arranged for him to have guitar lessons with a teacher who was patient with his difficulty in learning to read music. (He's severely dyslexic.) He had no difficulty in composing his own music for someone else to write down. His peers struggled. I used to rely on my ears to sing with others, but now feel I need the music, unless I have worked hard and learnt it off by heart.

Meggie

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2014, 07:39:52 AM »

It seems my thread has certainly got some of you ladies fired up, music wise.

Now I'm practicing "Living Next Door To Alice" and "Where Have All The Flowers Gone"   :banana:

Found the old fingers don't stretch too well so got to practice scales too !!

Meggie

Ju Ju

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2014, 10:22:09 AM »

At this rate, we will have the beginnings of a Meno choir and orchestra!

Rowan

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2014, 10:37:17 AM »

I play guitar too though not for sometime, use to enter talent contests when a teenager and played  and danced in pantomime too ( not at the same time ;D) those were the days :) I was self-taught and then had lessons, I can sing but voice was not strong.

My brother had both my guitars now at his house, they took up too much room. I don't really have the inclination now (couldn't anyway) but like guitar and harp music to listen too.
Pages: 1 2 [3]