Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Should I take some time off work?  (Read 15670 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Should I take some time off work?
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2014, 05:53:13 PM »

You make the fuss! this is *your* health and you need to take care of you.  Should you decide to leave the Practice then by the time the end of the week arrives, you will be forgotten!  I don't want you to feel sad about this but generally my experience has been that out of sight, out of mind  ;).

I also found throughout my working Life that women in charge were more catty, less sympathetic than the men I worked with - might it be something about being seen as having to be seen to be capable in a male dominated environment?

(I could write about about working in the NHS ) ……..  ::)

Is the GP in your Practice?  Does he/she work in a satellite surgery where you could go? 

Michelle3004

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2014, 09:32:42 AM »

I went to see consultant who didn't seem interested to give me time off work she said I could self certify for 7 days so once again feel guilty that I shouldn't be having time off. However I have been brave and took myself off work for a week whilst I try and sort out hrt with my gp

tiger74

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2014, 04:19:28 PM »

I hope you feel better soon and that the week off will help.  It sounds like you plan to see your GP in the near future, maybe he/she will recommend time off?

Wishing you all the best.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 04:22:24 PM by tiger74 »

Dancinggirl

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2014, 04:22:22 PM »

Hi Michelle
Well Done :clapping: - Really try to relax and think about what is best for you.
Do read up all the info under the headings to the left of this screen.  Don't let your GP fob you off with the cheap Premique HRT.  If you want to try pills go for Femoston as the progesterone in kinder and well tolerated by many. If you can persuade the doc to give you bio-identicals (Oestrogel or patches with Utrogestan) then all the better.  I used Oestrogel for nearly 20 years - it's great because you can start with just one pump per day for the first few weeks and then increase until you feel you have found the right amount to control your symptoms.
Good luck. Keep us posted. DG xxx
Pages: 1 [2]