Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Itchy outer labia / hood of clitoris  (Read 74984 times)

Hilary66

Re: Itchy outer labia / hood of clitoris
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 09:28:52 PM »

Hi there,
I met with a new lady doctor yesterday who completed my smear test without any pain ,I explained about how painful sex was and how irritated I feel down there all the time, ky jelly just makes it worse and she recommended this web site she says it could be the answer to my problems.WWW.yesyesyes.org.com. I viewed it on line today and was really impressed and will def be ordering a stock, hope this might help others too.  :)h66

Melbury

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2014, 08:28:27 PM »

Hi there,
I met with a new lady doctor yesterday who completed my smear test without any pain ,I explained about how painful sex was and how irritated I feel down there all the time, ky jelly just makes it worse and she recommended this web site she says it could be the answer to my problems.WWW.yesyesyes.org.com. I viewed it on line today and was really impressed and will def be ordering a stock, hope this might help others too.  :)h66

This is a very good product and the only thing that has enabled me to have sex at all over the past four years - even it is has been very rare.

Personally I found the oil based one much better than the water based product.

Melbury

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2014, 08:32:13 PM »

Melbury could you either see another doc or request some Ovestin cream for down there?  I have a similar issue to you but dont actually believe my diagnosis of LS since it was given when I was 19 and gynae I saw recently said she didnt believe it was that either. 

If GP wont help you maybe request a referral to gynae?  Point out that you are still suffering...

Sorry I wasn't very clear in my post - it was the gynae who said I didn't need the Vagifem any more and of course he put that in his letter to the GP, so no chance of getting it after that.

As it has been some years now and sex is damn near impossible still, I have been thinking of asking to see a gynae again.  Perhaps they have come up with some miracle cure that will restore my bits that appear to have vanished and make everything work properly again.

vanilla slice

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2014, 09:40:14 AM »

I discovered that fabric conditioner caused similar condition. After unloading the washer I rinse my knickers in a bowl of water.
Also I moisturise with "Sylk" as I found that Replens caused "white" build up and itching.

Hurdity

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2014, 10:12:44 PM »

Melbury - how can your gynae possibly know what you need - it is your vagina after all! I have said before there are several of us on here who need both systemic HRT and local oestrogen - because the latter specifically targets and treats the vaginal tissues directly, whereas low/medium dose doesn't always do the trick especially if you are post-menopausal.

Your doctor cannot refuse to give you Vagifem if you have VA or dryness and sex is painful. In any case as you say it was a few years ago and you may well only have been just post-menopausal at the time, in which case your oestrogen levels will have continued to fall giving rise to your symptoms.

Please go back to your doctor and don't wait for a gynae referral ( by all means ask for one anyway if necessary) and ask for Vagifem or Gynest cream.  My local doctor happily allows me to have Vagifem, Orthgynest pessaries and Gynest cream all on repeat prescription, as well as Estradot 50 and Utrogestan, and I'm 61 - and been on HRT for over 7 years.

I am incensed that you have been refused this - please go back and demand it (politely) - (it is your right to have treatment that is licensed for your condition), and if necessary ask someone to go with you...

Hurdity x

Melbury

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2014, 06:33:11 PM »

Melbury - how can your gynae possibly know what you need - it is your vagina after all! I have said before there are several of us on here who need both systemic HRT and local oestrogen - because the latter specifically targets and treats the vaginal tissues directly, whereas low/medium dose doesn't always do the trick especially if you are post-menopausal.

Your doctor cannot refuse to give you Vagifem if you have VA or dryness and sex is painful. In any case as you say it was a few years ago and you may well only have been just post-menopausal at the time, in which case your oestrogen levels will have continued to fall giving rise to your symptoms.

Please go back to your doctor and don't wait for a gynae referral ( by all means ask for one anyway if necessary) and ask for Vagifem or Gynest cream.  My local doctor happily allows me to have Vagifem, Orthgynest pessaries and Gynest cream all on repeat prescription, as well as Estradot 50 and Utrogestan, and I'm 61 - and been on HRT for over 7 years.

I am incensed that you have been refused this - please go back and demand it (politely) - (it is your right to have treatment that is licensed for your condition), and if necessary ask someone to go with you...

Hurdity x

Thanks Hurdity, I will raise this matter with the GP. 

I am due to go for a smear test, which I am dreading because with my tissue paper thin skin down there I will probably split and bleed :( 

I did use the Vagifem for well over a year, but have to say it did nothing to help the painful sex.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2014, 12:02:27 PM »

OrthoGynes pessaries are now discontinued through-out the UK  :'(.  I began a new regime this week ……. and don't think there's quite enough umph in the product <shrug> ……….

Melbury

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2014, 04:32:43 PM »

I think the only thing that will really help me down there is a time machine :(

Ju Ju

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2014, 10:15:08 PM »

Last week I hopped on my bike for the first time for about 3 years, due to extreme exhaustion. My son was staying with us and had serviced the bike for me and went for run with me as I rode. Oh, joy I had no problems with the energy side of things, but after 3 miles I felt like pins were ****ing into my lady bits. After a couple of days and no bike rides, things did not improve, so I managed to get an appointment with at the drs. She said I was very sore, prescribed ointment to aid healing and suggested Sudocrem as a barrier cream next time I go out riding. I shall invest in padded cycle shorts. The saddle is a good one and has good suspension. I knew I had vaginal atrophy, but as non existent libido and ill health has got in the way of sexual intercourse, I had done nothing about it. Now maybe I should. What should I ask for? I am taking low dose oestrogen, progesterone and testosterone.

SueRoe

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2014, 04:51:50 PM »

Do you wash your hair in the shower? I've found that the infernal itch I had went in 2 days when I stopped washing my hair in the shower. Sounds daft, but if you think about it, when you rinse the shampoo off it flows all over you and tends to run down around your bottom and bits. Why not try washing your hair separately in the washbasin for a few days to see if that helps (or try baby shampoo). Good luck!
Pages: 1 [2]