Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hello I'm new to posting  (Read 2811 times)

rubyring

Hello I'm new to posting
« on: June 03, 2014, 05:35:04 PM »

Hello everyone
I'm new to posting  but am always reading the forum to find out information and find it wonderful.  I have been menopausal for a couple of years (I'm 52) & when I finally plucked up the courage to see one of the Doctors (Male) at the local practice I was advised not to take HRT and was offered a counselor session, I just despaired but went back after a few weeks of suffering with problems with peeing and saw a lady doc who prescribed HRT Elleste duet 1mg but it made me feel so sick I had to stop taking it.
My worse symptom is an irritable bladder so once again I went back to the Doctors (after reading about this and the use of Vagifem on the forum) and have now been using Vagifem for a month and it does seem to help.
I was also sent to the incontinence clinic ( oh the shame of it!!!I never dreamed I would end up there) and saw a lovely Nurse who has taught me to do my pelvic floor which I have done everyday for the last month. I was also diagnosed with a level 2 cystocele (when the supportive tissue between the bladder and vaginal wall weakens and the bladder drops into the vaginal wall) I see her again tomorrow so hopefully it will have improved. She was very helpful and I'm so glad I went.
One other symptom is feeling down and not wanting to socialize anymore. I feel as if I just can't cope with going out and feel anxious when even going shopping or taking the dog out (I do have a job and have no problem going to work and put my work head on) but I  feel like, Is this it?? How have I become this person I don't recognize? I feel so down and it's not like me, I'm usually cheerfully optimistic. I think my Hubby thinks I'm going bonkers and am an incontinent old bag ;) Although he is very supportive but I don't think he really understands the menopause.
Before I go I Just want to say Thank you to everyone who posts on here, it does help to read about other ladies feeling like me xxx

honeybun

Re: Hello I'm new to posting
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 06:07:15 PM »

:welcomemm:

Glad to hear you are getting some help with Vagifem. Don't give up on full HRT if that's what you want. I find it difficult to tolerate pills due to dicky tummy but I get on really well with patches.
I have also been at a continence clinic. Not the most dignified but helpful.

Honeyb
x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 09:14:01 AM »

Hi and welcome ruby ring
Thank you for sharing your experiences. I think it is very important to share our problems and solutions as there are so many horror stories out there. What a shame you have had to persevere to get help with your bladder problems etc. Pleased to hear the clinic was helpful.
After taking HRT for nearly 20 years (due to early meno) I have now been off full HRT for over 6months - I am using local oestrogen to help with a burning and very painful urethra.
Though my flushes have not been toooo bad I'm really not sleeping well and feel horribly tired and achey a lot of the time. I also feel as though I am ageing rather fast - I think because of my lack of energy. I am finding this very depressing - my GP suggested 'Mindful Meditation' which is helping with my anxiety but I long to feel vibrant again. I do think we need to accept that there are stages in our lives that we simply have to come to terms with; having said this, at 52 you are still young and perhaps you could give another HRT a try.  Lots of women like  the patches - because the oestrogen and progesterone are absorbed through the skin and don't go near the stomach they often bring fewer side affects.  Good luck  DG x

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 09:15:02 AM »

Hello rubyring and welcome to the forum.

Your problems will be familiar to many women who are going through the menopause and it's good that you are receiving treatment. I wanted to add that in addition to HRT I am having counselling and I find that it is helping me cope with the mental aspect of 'the change' so you may want to pursue that as well as hormone therapy. Also, men just don't get it, how could they? So that is pretty typical too.

Take care, you are not alone in this and keep posting.

K.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 12:57:09 PM »

Hello rubyring

:welcomemm:

I agree with the others - definitely give patches or gel a try - no effect on the stomach - and HRT should boost your feeling of well-being and make you feel less low. You are still young so what have you to lose by giving it another go?

Hurdity x