Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: help feel horrible on gel and utrogestan ??  (Read 6595 times)

Butterfly22

help feel horrible on gel and utrogestan ??
« on: May 22, 2014, 01:48:37 PM »

Hi ladies,
ive been using the gel one pump in morning one at night and is the first time this time (tried loads of other hrt combinations)  ive been having the 100 utrogestan on 1st may to 15. started the gel on the 14th april.
All seemed ok till a few days ago, feel very depressed, emotional, fed up and tired.
I also have ME and depression so hard to no whats what.
I really feel like i need a period but no sign.
I started the menopause age 25 and im forty now, was on nuvelle for years but cant get it now.
Why is it i dont have a period and will these dark symptoms pass and the tiredness as this is my last go at HRT.
I give up after this a s had enough.
Thank you in advance if able to help x x

Butterfly22

Re: help feel horrible on gel and utrogestan ??
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 07:59:29 AM »

Anyone :( xx

littleminnie

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 08:04:59 AM »

Can't really help lila but maybe the last few days are just a blip. When I started HRT I was up and down for 6 months before it settled.   :hug:

peri

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 09:08:10 AM »

How do you take the utrogestan Lila? I take mine vaginally I take it last thing before I go to bed and the only side effects are that it makes me sleepy which is not a bad thing as it's bedtime x

peri

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 11:02:41 AM »

If you read the posts on here re the utrogestan there seem to be less side effects if you take it vaginally. Good luck and I hope it settles down for you soon x

Butterfly22

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 09:39:12 PM »

Ok I'll take a look my laptop has broke so not great looking on my phone!but thank you for replies I really apperiate it xx

Cassie

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2014, 06:05:34 AM »

Taking 100mg of Utro for 15 days in a row, you really should be getting a withdrawal bleed each month. Perhaps cos you went through meno so early, you have very little oestrogen circulating in your body, and there is not much lining to build up. Are you symptom free on the 2 pumps per day, you could up it to 3 and see if you get a withdrawal bleed on this. First prize, of course, would be, to have a scan, in order to see how the lining of your uterus looks, this would then give you a very good idea as to why you are  not bleeding when you stop the Utro as technically you should be, I can only think that you are not taking in enough oestrogen, to build up the lining, perhaps have a chat to your Dr and see what he/she suggests. The gel plus Utro is a lovely combination and most ladies, do very well on it, so maybe your body just needs time to adapt, I would give it a few months and see if you still dont get a bleed, then you may have to adjust your dosage.. you may still get a bleed, mine comes about 4 to 5 days after I have stopped the Utro.. I would also use it vaginally and perhaps use 2 pumps of gel at night, why are you splitting the dose, it is not necessary, you could use 2 pumps and night and one in the morning if you feel that you need more oestrogen.  All the best.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 06:07:37 AM by Cassie »

juliekim

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2014, 12:39:16 PM »

Hiu Lila22,

Sorry to hear you are having a bit of a bad time.  I just wanted to let you know that I have CFS/ME too and I seem to be sensitive to things too.  I did a lot of research before deciding to try HRT and Estrogel and Utrogestan definitely looked the best in terms of being able to tweak the dose as well as being bio identical.  I start off very slow by using 1 pump of Estrogel for a few weeks, then going up to 1 1/2 for another two weeks and then using 2 pumps (all in the morning). My body did react to using Estrogel - I was getting a racy feel and feeling wired, but this did settle down after a few weeks.  I found I was still getting woken up with flushes, so now use a small amount extra before bed. With Utrogestan, I have only ever used it vaginally as again research suggests it is the best way as it is doesn't have to be metabolised by the liver and has less side effects. I did try to use 200mg of Utrogestan, but couldn't carry on due to feeling in a heavy fog.  I switched to 100mg for 14 days a month and it seems fine at the moment (I didn't get a proper bleed the first month). I do have to say that I did feel low after I initially started taking the Utrogestan.  This went on for a few months, but I definitely feel more balanced now.  I have been using Estrogel and Utro for 5 months and do feel soooo much better for taking it.  I wasn't coping with the chronic fatigue symptoms AND hot flushes and no sleep!! I do hope my experience encourages you to keep going with it and I do think its worth you using Utro vaginally (you do just pop it up as far as you can), and I really hope it works for you.

Best wishes,

Julie xx

Butterfly22

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2014, 02:06:31 PM »

Hiu Lila22,

Sorry to hear you are having a bit of a bad time.  I just wanted to let you know that I have CFS/ME too and I seem to be sensitive to things too.  I did a lot of research before deciding to try HRT and Estrogel and Utrogestan definitely looked the best in terms of being able to tweak the dose as well as being bio identical.  I start off very slow by using 1 pump of Estrogel for a few weeks, then going up to 1 1/2 for another two weeks and then using 2 pumps (all in the morning). My body did react to using Estrogel - I was getting a racy feel and feeling wired, but this did settle down after a few weeks.  I found I was still getting woken up with flushes, so now use a small amount extra before bed. With Utrogestan, I have only ever used it vaginally as again research suggests it is the best way as it is doesn't have to be metabolised by the liver and has less side effects. I did try to use 200mg of Utrogestan, but couldn't carry on due to feeling in a heavy fog.  I switched to 100mg for 14 days a month and it seems fine at the moment (I didn't get a proper bleed the first month). I do have to say that I did feel low after I initially started taking the Utrogestan.  This went on for a few months, but I definitely feel more balanced now.  I have been using Estrogel and Utro for 5 months and do feel soooo much better for taking it.  I wasn't coping with the chronic fatigue symptoms AND hot flushes and no sleep!! I do hope my experience encourages you to keep going with it and I do think its worth you using Utro vaginally (you do just pop it up as far as you can), and I really hope it works for you.

Best wishes,

Julie xx

Hey Julie  thank you so much for your reply it's given me hope :) I definitely going to keep going and see how it settles but will use the utro vaginally. Glad you say you only use 100 as I was worried to up it! I'd be ill.
Can I ask how long have you had ME?
Luckily hot flushes and night sweats seem to be under control so fingers crossed. By the sounds this is the best way as a few options.
So pleased you replied as i really do feel positive now xx

juliekim

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014, 09:38:36 AM »

Hi Lila22,

I have had CFS/ME for 8 years after going down with a flu type virus, which turned into acute thyroiditis which I have never recovered from.  I do think my CFS is due to thyroid and adrenal issues.  I am doing a lot of research at the moment into the effects of leaky gut and auto immune disease as I do think an unhealthy gut is responsible for an awful lot of disease in the body. I also feel there is a link with my hormones dipping and my body not coping well too, hence plummeting 8 years ago!  How about you, how long have you had ME?  And I am glad you are feeling more positive!

Julie xx

Butterfly22

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2014, 09:51:34 AM »

Hi Lila22,

I have had CFS/ME for 8 years after going down with a flu type virus, which turned into acute thyroiditis which I have never recovered from.  I do think my CFS is due to thyroid and adrenal issues.  I am doing a lot of research at the moment into the effects of leaky gut and auto immune disease as I do think an unhealthy gut is responsible for an awful lot of disease in the body. I also feel there is a link with my hormones dipping and my body not coping well too, hence plummeting 8 years ago!  How about you, how long have you had ME?  And I am glad you are feeling more positive!

Julie xx

Hey Julie, yes my menopause started the same time my ME did at the age of 25 after the birth of my daughter,
I was on a period for 7 months and they said it was after birth then said they were not sure what it was as i had to go for a D&C.
Id be interested to no what you find out maybe i could send my email  if you did not mind? x 

juliekim

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2014, 10:13:44 AM »

Hi Lila22,

You poor thing, that it is a long time to be battling ME. I am more than happy to email you and let you know my findings.  I think you can private message on this site, I am not sure how though!

Julie xx