Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: question re Vagifem  (Read 3191 times)

jazzfunkanne

question re Vagifem
« on: May 18, 2014, 03:13:49 PM »

my gp gave me 24 Vagifem on a prescription and says i dont have too go back  , is this because she has reffered me to gyn and they will do the follow up, apt is for pelvic floor and recurrant urine infections, plus is there any side effects with Vagifem? thanks in advance x

Hurdity

Re: question re Vagifem
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 08:07:40 PM »

Hi jazzfunkane

Is this the first time you've had Vagifem? That doesn't seem like very many!  Depending on how bad your VA is you will use one per night for the first 14 nights at least and then twice a week maintenance dose (if this does the trick). This will last you 7 weeks unless you have to use more per week. You may notice some initial very mild side effects if your own oestrogen is very low - a little oestrogen is absorbed into the system until the tissues are plumped up, and then there is minimal absorption.

Are you on HRT as well - you will be less likely to notice if so?

If your gynae appoitnment is not for VA or menopausal issues then you will need to get it on repeat, but be sure to discuss with gynae at your appointment as well.

Hope it starts to do the trick for you!

Hurdity x

jazzfunkanne

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 10:00:30 PM »

many thanks, no am not on hrt, what side effects are there x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 01:05:36 PM »

Nothing to worry about - I really wouldn't worry and just start using it! Most women don't notice ( except where it matters  ;) )

Hurdity x

jazzfunkanne

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 02:35:41 PM »

Thanks i have a minor op coming up soon (ent) is it safe too be on it having a op x

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 07:13:31 PM »

I haven't come across anyone having to stop when having an operation - it is local oestrogen after all, inserted into vagina, not systemic ie in whole body/blood-stream.

Hurdity x