Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Quick question about ALLI (Orlistat)!  (Read 4945 times)

Mummyto2monkeys

Quick question about ALLI (Orlistat)!
« on: May 18, 2014, 09:30:57 PM »

Hi ladies

Does anyone know if I can take Alli (Orlistat) for weight loss while taking HRT? I'm on Femodon.

Since starting HRT and adjusting to menopause I've comfor eaten and the weight has piled on so thinking about something to help my diet and exercise plan.

I hope someone can help.

Thanks!  8)

Patientone

Re: Quick question about ALLI (Orlistat)!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 12:40:12 PM »

Not very popular in the US anymore, since most realized it makes you not able to control "leaking" aka pooping in your pants. lol

Mummyto2monkeys

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 01:15:30 PM »

Ha ha! I was on it years ago with good results. Needed to be strict about fat intake though to avoid accidents! How savoury! Thanks for replying xx

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 02:17:39 PM »

I had a friend who tried it years ago and ended up in a real mess.....literally.

Have you thought about the 5:2 diet. It's very popular and seems to work well in a more natural way......and no accidents.

Honeyb
x

Patientone

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 04:47:10 PM »

What is the 5.2 diet ?

I am a weight watchers lifetime member, but am always curious as to what's out there.

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 04:58:19 PM »

A friend of mine tried it and also got into a literal mess - halfway through a transatlantic flight. Not pleasant. He tried it for a while but it wasn't for him. It just means that if you eat fat it goes straight through your system - turns your motions orange as well - so you stop eating fat to stop the diaorrhea and so you lose weight anyway because you have adjusted your diet. That's how I saw it working anyway.  I would say if you are going to try it then make sure you are within easy reach of a toilet. It also made him quite unwell by the end of the month's use causing something to be raised in the liver but I'm not sure what  :-\

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 06:05:25 PM »

The 5:2 diet is eating a healthy diet for 5 days and a fasting diet for 2.

I'm sure if you Google it you will find the details. It seems to work really well.

Honeyb
x

choc57

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 06:19:08 PM »

I lost around 12 pounds on the 5:2 diet almost 2 years ago. It takes longer to lose weight, it took me about 3 months and some weeks I only lost a quarter of a pound but I think because you don't lose too quickly it stays off and also because you know the next day you can go back to normal eating you never feel too hungry. You don't have to fast completely on those 2 days, I had about 800 calories as I found the recommended 400 just too low but yes it works!