Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Two months on Femoston and no bleed- normal?  (Read 4163 times)

Mummyto2monkeys

Two months on Femoston and no bleed- normal?
« on: May 18, 2014, 09:33:28 PM »

Hi

The title says it all! I've been on HRT for two months but have had no bleed. Is this normal?

Any advice very welcome xx ???

Edit by Emma
Thread title changed from Femodon to Femoston
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 03:11:26 PM by Emma »

Hurdity

Re: Two months on Femoston and no bleed- normal?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 01:12:18 PM »

Hi Mummyto2monkeys

I'm not familiar with Femodon - do you mean Femoston?

Also whether or not you bleed depends on whether or not you are on cyclical HRT ( designed to give a bleed) or continuous combined (designed for no-bleed), and the dose of oestrogen/progesterone in the HRT.

Depending on your individual make-up and where you are in menopause (how your natural cycle is doing - ie regular or not) you may not get a bleed with cyclical HRT - a substantial minority of women don't, and conversely you may get bleeding in the first 6 months with conti HRT!

f you haven't had a period for some time and your womb is healthy and you are on a cyclical HRT then you may well not have built up enough lining to shed as a period during those two months.

Everything in the above is normal!

Hurdity x
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 03:11:56 PM by Emma »

Mummyto2monkeys

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 01:19:24 PM »

Thanks so much for your helpful reply. I did indeed mean Femoston!

I've had 12 months irregular periods and started HRT due to night sweats. I'm on low dose cyclical Femoston so maybe I just need to be patient!

Relieved to hear it can be normal.

Thanks again xx
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 03:12:07 PM by Emma »

choc57

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 01:49:32 PM »

Hi, same for me. I started Elleste Duet 1mg 3 months ago and had no bleed for the first 2 months. When I saw my GP 2 weeks ago she said it was quite normal as some women don't have a bleed on this type of hrt but she said it might kick in later and it has. Just last Friday which was day 3 of my third month. Thought I was going to get away with it and feeling very pleased! Anyway it lasted less than 2 days so I don't mind if it continues like this but I realise I might just have been lucky this month and it might last longer in future.
Me too I went on it for awful hot sweats which were really affecting my life and low mood. I found my mood improved very quickly...still have the odd 'mad' day but mostly I'm OK and it took 2 months for a noticeable improvement in the sweats but now they have gone completely and I feel I've got my life back! I'd thought about hrt for some time and was at one time determined not to go on it but I'm so glad I changed my mind and my doctor is very encouraging too. Hope the hrt is working for you too X
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 03:12:16 PM by Emma »

choc57

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 01:56:48 PM »

Sorry I meant day 3 of my 4th month meaning my first bleed was at the end of month 3 X
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 03:12:25 PM by Emma »