Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Treating VA with Vagifem and cream  (Read 2773 times)

Mandyo

Treating VA with Vagifem and cream
« on: May 16, 2014, 09:24:25 PM »

I have been using Vagifem since January for VA after suffering with VA for as long as I can remember. Things are starting to improve but the outside still feels very dry and sore sometimes. I wondered if I would benefit from a cream that can be used externally along with the Vagifem. Does anyone know if this combination is possible and if so what would be recommended? I have an apt with my GP on Monday to see if they will prescribe my HRT ( I have had it prescribed privately up until now ) so want to ask about the cream then too. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ladies xxx

Dancinggirl

Re: Treating VA with Vagifem and cream
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 09:48:10 PM »

Mandyo
I'm using the Estring. I tried Vagifem, Gynest and Ovestin but the Estring has been the best so far.  I think it gives a more consistent dose so has improved things for me. Many ladies use some Ovestin externally as well as Vagifem to help with external dryness.
I still use a little Multi Gyn Actigel or Hyloafemme as I find it soothes the outer area if I'm feeling a bit itchy, dry and sore.
Are you using full systemic HRT as well? - your GP should be able to give you systemic HRT and Vagifem on the NHS.  Your private gynae should have written to your GP - I think they are supposed to keep your GP fully informed about any treatment they giving you for their records.
Good luck  DG x

Hurdity

Re: Treating VA with Vagifem and cream
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 04:27:55 PM »

Hi Mandyo

As Dancinggirl says - I am one who uses cream from time to time as well. I use Gynest cream for the external areas - I should probably use it more often then I do for maximum effectiveness - since it works by plumping up the tissues in the same way as Vagifem - rather than a lubricant. I am also on systemic HRT, and vaginal oestrogen pessaries!

Hurdity x