Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Defibrallators  (Read 5103 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Defibrallators
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2014, 06:59:15 PM »

"In all cases dial 999 first. It is really important the professionals are on their way. Your local ambulance service will notify you if there is a cPAD box near to you and if it is easily accessible, and give you the access code to the box. If you are willing they will ask you to get this and commence the relevant actions. Under the CHT scheme any trained volunteers can also have the access code and also the location where the box is sited. However this will vary from one ambulance region to another to meet their requirements. Always dial 999 ambulance. Note please do not assume that the local ambulance service will automatically register the defibrillator on their system. You will need to meet their liability requirements for this to happen, and in many case sign an agreement for the defibrillator site. Also there are several defibrillator locator websites that claim to offer registration of the defibrillator. These DO NOT guarantee that the ambulance service will be notified. There is only one website that links to the ambulance service – defibfinder.co.uk. This is owned and run by the NHS and all information on this is verified. CHT undertake all notifications and verifications for the ambulance service on any site we have been involved with, and provide the ambulance services with the correct information. All CHT sites need to me managed through the WebNoS system, that links to the ambulance service.   â€¦.. "

from the Community Defibrillator web-site

Trey

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2014, 07:05:01 PM »

I'm often in RV in middle of nowhere, but I would always call our emergency 911 first, if I have service.

honeybun

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2014, 07:16:07 PM »

CLKD...It's just that you said you thought that the emergency services had enough to do.  :-\

Good idea Trey if you are in a remote area. Hope you never have to use it though.

Honeyb
x
Pages: 1 [2]