Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: hot flushes and blocked nose at night  (Read 4413 times)

sue bot

hot flushes and blocked nose at night
« on: May 15, 2014, 10:40:08 AM »

Hi suffering with blocked nose at night cant sleep with this and hot flushes feeling anxiety for no reason tried nasal sprays helps a little not had a periods now for 2 years I am 57 this year how long do these last its the not sleeping thats the problem think I have alarm clock in my head 2 am every morning then clock watching for couple house doc would not give me h r t as I am on blood pressure tablets getting loads of flushes in the day as well how do you ladies cope

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: hot flushes and blocked nose at night
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 03:22:43 PM »

Change your pillows to 'anti-allergy' ones, it worked for me.  After suffering allergic rhinitis at night for years, made worse by a feather duvet, I now sleep almost throughout the night.

I ditched the duvet as when I got too warm the symptoms would start and I sneezed for hours  >:(.  I can only use Beconase every 3/4th day otherwise my nose dries up and is sore. So the hot flushes may well instigate  :-\ the nasal symptoms.

I tried the anti-allergy pillows in desperation  ::)

Lilyloos

Re: hot flushes and blocked nose at night
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 05:42:01 PM »

Hi sue
This is something I get too, also tried saline nasal spray.  It's not all nights but most nights, and this leaves me feeling panicky too.  I am 53 and GP has just put me back onto a medium dose hrt but don't know whether to just get on with it.  No other menopausal female in my family has had any of this malarchy.  Am tired of it.  Sorry for moan . I do find propping myself up helps, and of course windows wide open!  I did wonder if maybe it was a bit of late onset rhinitis which can happen apparently as eyes get dry and tired also.  You're not on your own with this one anyway!  LL