Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Continuous bleed on conti need reassurance  (Read 1879 times)

ann58

Continuous bleed on conti need reassurance
« on: May 16, 2014, 08:39:17 AM »

I have been bleeding now for 5 weeks (4th month of conti) I saw a consultant on Tuesday who is going to do a hysteroscopy next week and fit a mirena coil at the same time. He told me to stop the patches before this so I removed my patch on Tuesday. I am really worried that I have been bleeding for so long and today have convinced myself that I must have something serious. I feel sick with anxiety and worry  :'( Can anyone give me any reassurance please?

Dancinggirl

Re: Continuous bleed on conti need reassurance
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 09:07:56 AM »

Quite normal to have continuous bleeding for the first few weeks or even months on conti HRT.
The Mirena should settle this down.  You'll get some break through bleeding with the Mirena fro the first few weeks and possibly spotting over the first 6 months but that is quite normal and should settle quite quickly.  Hope the Mirena works for you - usually gives fewer side effects.
Good luck DG x

ann58

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 09:10:02 AM »

Thank you for your reply DG, I have got myself in such a state this morning. I feel so weak, I think a mixture of anxiety and possible anaemic with the bleeding :(

oldsheep

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 07:21:55 PM »

no advice, just wanted to wish you all the best and hope it stops gushing asap. You must feel awful. x

ann58

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 07:27:09 PM »

Thank you. I feel awful today, really anxious. I have been for my pre operation assessment this afternoon. So scared :(