Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Has anyone here had a hysteroscopy?  (Read 17693 times)

Tabbycat

Re: Has anyone here had a hysteroscopy?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2014, 07:15:11 AM »

I found it fascinating actually being able to see inside my womb on a big screen, maybe I'm a bit odd! 

I didn't realise I could watch! Possibly I'm odd too but I think that would take my mind off the discomfort.

Melbury

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2014, 07:49:47 PM »

I also got to watch mine on the screen - really quite interesting.

Linsey44

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2014, 11:01:15 PM »

Hi Tabbycat

I had one few years ago but under GA during laparoscopy.

If you are nervous, can you not ask your gp to prescribe low dose diazapem to take the edge off.  A consultant advised me to do this for an mri scan that i was anxious about.

You would need someone to go with you and wont be able to drive for 24hrs approx but it may help you to relax.
Good luck

positivethoughts

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2014, 01:23:55 PM »

Hi, I have just received a letter giving me an appointment for a hysteroscopy next Tuesday under local anaesthetic.  I came off a progestgen only pill after years, and 11 (painful) weeks later had a withdrawal bleed in April. It now feels as though my body is in a cycle again but no idea what will happen. I was initially referred for an internal scan to check waht was going on, had a biopsy taken and the results are fine, but the consultant says as the lining of the womb is thickened at 4mm and there is possibly a polyp, she feels it is 'prudent' to perform a full inspection with a hysteroscopy.

I am reassured by some of your comments that it will all be over quickly but am very nervous all the same.

I am learning all the time from reading the posts on this great forum but it seems to me that as I may well still be having periods for a while during this peri stage, possibly not regularly, surely the womb lining is going to thicken gradually through the month, then shed when I bleed? Also, it is now day 23 since I had my bleed coming off the pill and am having period pains and mood swings etc, so is possible I may be bleeding when I go for the hysteroscopy. Does this matter does anyone know?

Thanks x

ann58

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2014, 01:27:55 PM »

Id doesn't matter if you are bleeding when you go for your hysteroscopy. I had mine on Tuesday and I had been bleeding for 5 weeks.

positivethoughts

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2014, 01:37:25 PM »

Thanks Ann58, that's helpful. I hope it all went okay for you on Tuesday. x

ann58

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2014, 03:41:04 PM »

Thank you :) Everything went well. I have to wait for the biopsy results but the consultant said everything looks fine so not to worry.

Tabbycat

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2014, 11:26:50 AM »

Oh well, I worried for nothing. My gynecologist did a scan first which showed nothing abnormal so I didn't have to have the hysteroscopy in the end.

But thanks for all your reassurances, they helped me feel less nervous on the way to hospital!

toffeecushion

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2014, 04:31:20 PM »

Thank you :) Everything went well. I have to wait for the biopsy results but the consultant said everything looks fine so not to worry.

Did you have a local or general anesthetic?

ann58

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2014, 10:46:57 AM »

I had general anaesthetic.

Juliewoo

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2014, 09:30:13 PM »

Hi I had 1 seven weeks ago,and a biopsy,I had a mirena coil fitted,to help with the heavy bleeding I was getting every month,I was flooding,but since the op,I'm bleeding very lightly,but have done so since,any ideas when bleeding will stop? I had my 6 week appointment through,to check that coil is ok.but had to cancel,cos still bleeding.i don't know when I can have this check,if bleeding never stops,anyone else going through this.?

Taz2

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2014, 09:35:55 PM »

Hi Juliewoo - welcome to the forum.

I have found this on Mumsnet http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/woman-504/sex-contraception-48/884026-constant-light-bleeding-after-mirena-fitted-all.html  which shows that bleeding can last for a while for some women.

Were you told that you couldn't have it checked while bleeding?

Have a good look around the site - you will find lots of info on here. You may like to introduce yourself under new members. I'm sure someone will be along soon with more information about the Mirena.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Juliewoo

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2014, 06:17:28 PM »

hi ty,i will have a browse
Pages: 1 [2]