Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: When was my last period?  (Read 2438 times)

Erte

When was my last period?
« on: May 13, 2014, 08:09:23 PM »

I have been prescribed Evorel Conti, having had side effects with other HRT medication.  I note that this is not recommended for women who have had a period within the last 18 months.  However, I am not sure when I had my last period.  I have been on different HRT for the last four years some of which allowed periods to continue.  Do these count as normal periods?  Also, I cannot remember when I had my last one but I think it was less than 18 months ago.  Can anyone advise?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: When was my last period?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 08:53:07 PM »

:welcomemm:  have a read of the menu, left of screen.  Or give your Surgery a ring to ask how your 'periods' would interact with the medication?

Taz2

Re: When was my last period?
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 10:17:28 AM »

Hi Erte - welcome to the forum.

As you have been on HRT for the past four years it is best to go by your age. If you are over the age of 53 (I think it's 53 although it can vary from GP to GP) then it is considered ok for you to have a conti HRT. The HRT induced bleeds don't count as "normal" periods.

Have a good look around the site - you will find lots of info on here. You might like to introduce yourself under New Members too so that more of us can welcome you.

Taz x