Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: PMS Symptoms  (Read 3238 times)

toffeecushion

PMS Symptoms
« on: May 08, 2014, 09:04:34 PM »

I am still getting regular periods, although they are now every 24 days.  I have noticed that I seem to have started experiencing pms type symptoms. I have started making a note of it and for the last couple of months I have had a headache the day before my period and feel dizzy and light headed the day my period starts.

Anyone else found this?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: PMS Symptoms
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 09:28:55 PM »

True PMS is only before the bleed begins so symptoms should ease once the period gets going.  I hated that headache 24 hours before  >:( but found that if I took Anadin or Nurofen immediately it went, otherwise I would get queasy. 

How is your diet?  Being dehydrated or hungry can cause that sort of dizziness ……...

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 07:22:57 AM »

I've always felt like this before and during a period toffee - I just thought it was part and parcel of having periods  :-\

Taz x

toffeecushion

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 07:44:14 AM »

Maybe I've been lucky up till now.  It has only just started in the past 6 months or so.  I realised last month that it was happening each month and sure enough it happened again this month.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 09:33:33 AM »

I didn't have full PMS until in my mid-30s.  I took the Pill because of heavy, clotted, painful periods for 11 years before being sterilised.  That's when the problems began  >:(

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 02:44:09 PM »

Hi toffeecushion

You have been lucky only to have just started getting these pms symptoms - and sorry to hear they are bothering you.

Unfortunately pre-menstrual symptoms do tend to get worse (or in your case start) during peri-menopause because the hormonal fluctuations are greater. I also used to get headaches - just before my period and these worsened when I was peri-menopausal and became migraines.  I had the dizziness you described at the start of my period too - my head didn't clear until a couple of days into my period - when progesterone levels had completely fallen, and oestrogen levels started to rise again.

There is a good article about the peri-menopause written by Dr Currie in the MM magaizne ( back number)
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/article-perils-of-the-perimenopause.php

Hurdity x

carrs

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 05:46:31 PM »

Hi
I had similar experiences. I did not notice periods much when I was young, but in 40's I felt unwell on the first day, pains, couldn't see so good, worse driver for a day or two. Not really pmt, just unwell during periods.