Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Tingling sensation in arms, hands, legs, feet and now face  (Read 8590 times)

Melbury

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this? 

Has been going on for nearly eight months now and is really starting to worry me :(

Went to GP and he sent me for a back x-ray, which I presume must have been ok because I didn't hear back.

Then saw a different GP and had various blood tests carried out, but again didn't hear anything.

Of course the worst thing you can do is type the above "subject" into Google, it comes up with really scary things :'(

I do wish that you were able to actually know the results instead of them just being filed away if you happen to come within their set reference range.

I was sure it was going to be something to do with B12 deficiency, but obviously not.  I  have read that the reference range in the UK is far too wide at 187-883 and anything is between means you are well.  I would really like to know if I am at the lower end of this. 

Anyway am getting so concerned that I have made an appointment to see yet another GP next week.

Sorry for the rant.

Haven't been on here for ages and hope everyone is well :-*

Shazzie

Re: Tingling sensation in arms, hands, legs, feet and now face
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 01:56:56 PM »

Hi Melbury

Sorry you are not feeling well.

Why don't you ring your GP and ask for the results of the Xrays and bloods.  You have a right to know.  All I can say though if there was anything showing up they should ring you.  I would definitely ring for results.

I have relapse remitting MS and have many sensory symptoms when relapsing.  All controlled with drugs though so not that bad really.

I hope you get some answers from your GP.

Good luck.

Shazzie x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 03:01:04 PM »

I get strange pins and needles/tingling occasionally, today it's in my face - around my eyes and down my cheeks  ::) …. but I didn't take my beta blocka last night so that may be the reason.  It's happened before and I'm still here, I forget about it until the next time  ::)

However: your Surgery is remiss in NOT letting you know your results!  These are faxed through to the GP who ordered them so there is no excuse for him/her not to ring you !  I would ask what the procedure is!!!!

Limpy

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 07:45:56 PM »

Melbury - Sorry you aren't feeling good.

Back X rays don't help a lot with tingling sensations because they don't see much, unless it's a broken bone, then you would really know about it. Not sure, blood tests help much either.

Hope you get more help from the next GP. The main thing is don't panic.  :hug:

meno lesley

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 09:22:40 PM »

Hi

When my meno symptoms first kicked off I had tingling in hands and feet.  Hrt seemed to help this but I still get it in my shoulder and across my nose on hrt. I think it's hormonal imbalance and have sort of got used to it a few years into all the madness x

Melbury

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 05:08:20 PM »

Thanks for reply.  I should be well post-meno now at 60 and this has only been going on for the past few months :(

Hopefully though it is hormone related and will go away.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 06:21:24 PM »

X-rays can show if joints etc. have moved or eroded = pressure on nerves etc..  ;)

My left cheek is strange and my eyes feel odd ……..

tiger74

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 08:37:48 PM »

Why don't you ring your GP and ask for the results of the Xrays and bloods.  You have a right to know.  All I can say though if there was anything showing up they should ring you.  I would definitely ring for results.

Couldn't agree more.  Most GP surgeries don't have the resources to ring all patients with results which show no abnormalities.  If a patient wants the details surely it is his/her responsibility to ask.  If I want to know I sometimes ask by 'phone or in person if I'm going in for an appointment.

Melbury

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2014, 05:58:09 PM »

I managed to get a couple of the results and have now ordered some B12 supplements, despite GP saying I was within range.  Have read a lot about B12 deficiency in the last few days and it is incredible the symptoms it can cause, so decided to give it a go.

Fingers crossed :)