Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Regular post menopausal bleeding  (Read 1792 times)

Lake

Regular post menopausal bleeding
« on: May 31, 2016, 12:11:43 PM »

Hello forum.  I am new and in need of some support, possibly guidance.  I am 48 and 2 years post menopause.  I have had some bleeding in the past 6 months.  I have had great care at the hospital including scans (which showed ovarian cysts both sides and thickening of womb lining), subsequent ovarian cancer blood test (normal range) and hysceroscopy (looked fine).  I am due back in hospital on June 27th to scan the cysts again.  I have had 3 days of bleeding this week.  Does anyone know if this is just something that can happen and isn't indicative of anything to worry about?  Like most of us, I read and I listen to conflicting advice.  I have had healthcare professionals tell me that given all of the other tests are fine, apart from the cysts, which are the Ok kind, the bleeding is just one of those things.  I have had others say that it isn't ideal and that a close eye needs to be kept etc...Any similiar experiences?

Dancinggirl

Re: Regular post menopausal bleeding
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 01:13:43 PM »

Hi Lake and welcome to MM
It sounds to me as though you are still a bit peri meno so producing some oestrogen yourself and this will feed the cysts, thicken the womb lining and cause the bleeding.  As you are young, it's not good to be oestrogen deficient and HRT might be appropriate but they may suggest a Mirena to reduce and control the thickened womb lining which is the cause of the bleeding.  Once the bleeding is under control then some oestrogen could be added to protect your heart and bones for the long term.  They are obviously keeping an eye on you which is good so I wouldn't worry about the bleeding right now - getting conflicting advice is confusing. I would ask about the possibility of a Mirena with some oestrogen as gel or patch though.
Do read up all the info on this site to get clued up.  DG x