Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Anyone on setraline  (Read 2068 times)

Tinkerbellj

Anyone on setraline
« on: May 30, 2016, 09:15:46 AM »

Been on this two weeks half the dose the doc prescribed but I am still spaced and really sleepy and sooo weak. Does this go cuz I am seriously thinkin of giving up cant live life like this! !!

dazned

Re: Anyone on setraline
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 09:55:21 AM »

It should go ,have you noticed it getting less each day ?

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 10:12:38 AM »

No if anything it is getting worse!! And its only 75mgs!!

dazned

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 10:26:33 AM »

Try give it a week more if no daily improvements then go back to gp to discuss a different type ,it usually takes 4 weeks to settle in on most AD s.

Mojo61

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 02:36:58 PM »

Hi, I'm not on Sertraline but I am on Citalopram which is also an SSRI. It took me about a month before the side effects subsided (take no notice of the leaflet which says 'a week or so') and I found they were at their worst around about the 2nd week.

Justjules

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 02:52:05 PM »

Gosh, that's a high starting dose! It's usually 25mg building up to 50mg after a few weeks. Personally, I was really ill with it but others seem okay but you may need Valium to help with side affects for a few weeks, which Dr is usually happy to do. x

babyjane

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 03:53:27 PM »

hm, they have started you high haven't they?  I don't use sertraline but I do take citalopram and was started on the lowest dose until I adjusted then it was tweaked until I found the best dose for me.

All side effects take a while to ease off as it is the body adjusting to the stuff.

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016, 05:53:07 PM »

Oh I an so dense lol they prescribed 50mg and I am taking 25 duh. I really dont get on with ads at all but gp said to try to persevere with this as the meno anxiety is terrible and have also been diagnosed with pnd

SadLynda

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 10:05:02 AM »

I started in December 2015, with 50g - went up to 100g a few months later.  I only had the side effects for a few days, and that was just a bit of nausea.  I do know they are not for everyone, but I feel better than I have for years.