Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Newbie: Excited to have found you!  (Read 2475 times)

alpineartist

Newbie: Excited to have found you!
« on: May 07, 2014, 12:41:08 PM »

Good morning, MM friends. I am 52 and menopausal as of last week (1 yr since last period). For this, my friends and I just had a party. Why not? If you can't beat it, celebrate it, yes?  :-*
Seriously, though there are many fine things about our being this age, menopause is not one of my favorites. I have found my way here in search of friendship, mentors, and perhaps just someone to listen to my incessant jabber about all things menopause and give my dear husband a break.
A bit more background: I was recently treated for stage zero breast cancer (DCIS). I had surgery but no other treatment. My story can be found here. http://dcisnorads.blogspot.com/2013_07_01_archive.html  This was nearly one year ago and I'm doing fabulously.
But going forward, sex hormone deprivation has not been kind to me. And one year of non-hormonal therapies has only helped minimally. I've found that diligent study is needed to help one navigate the risky waters of hrt, particularly with a history such as mine. But after nine months of careful study, I have just been given a prescription for transdermal estradiol and micronized progesterone, to be taken cyclically (progesterone only in the latter half of cycle). I have confidence that this therapy will be effective, and most importantly, safe. Any discussion on this topic (advice, etc) would be welcome. But more generally, I again would just like to say hello and that I am grateful you are here.
Kay

Ju Ju

Re: Newbie: Excited to have found you!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 12:51:48 PM »

:welcomemm:

Ju Ju xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 02:15:48 PM »

:welcomemm:  have a read of the menus, left of screen.  I'm sure you will fit in here fine!

Wombat

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 12:48:17 AM »

Hello.....such a relief isn't it when you find this forum.

Wombat x

Linsey44

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 08:23:28 AM »

Hi alpineartist

I have just read your blog, what a journey. I read on another couple of sites about the best foods for cancer and it has articles and info on studies.  Nutrition can play a huge part in our health and while we cant always be cured we can prolong / enhance our quality of life.

That said sometimes medicine is the only way and hrt does great things for most women.

Good luck with the rest of your journey and enjoy reading on the topics on here.

Linsey