Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Another newbie saying hi and seeking a little advice  (Read 1797 times)

sezziemac

Another newbie saying hi and seeking a little advice
« on: May 07, 2014, 05:52:50 PM »

Hi everyone, for the past few months I have been experiencing what I think are perimenopausal symptoms, predominently extreme anxiety which has resulted in a couple of dreadful panic attacks, erratic painful periods, sore eyes and dry skin.  I have also considered that these issues could be related to a thyroid problem (thank you google!). I have tried various natural remedies but found no relief what so ever. I completely realise that I am hardly suffering but I have no intention of being remotely big and brave and doing anything naturally from now on so was wondering how drastic issues need to be before my GP would enter into discussions about HRT.  I've heard that blood tests are unreliable but what would my GP check?  Sorry if I sound like a feeble superficial bint - I just can't afford to feel below par! Thank you

Sarah2

Re: Another newbie saying hi and seeking a little advice
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 06:00:28 PM »

Hi

How old are you?

Unless you are under 45 then what you are experiencing is 'normal' so there should be no need for any tests which are unreliable.

You might have thyroid issues and these should be checked out with a blood test first. If they come back normal then HRT is an option.
Personally I think it's all trial and error. If HRT works then that's the proof that you needed it. If it doesn't work then maybe you need a change of product a few times to find the right kind.

There is no 'rule' about how bad your symptoms have to be. Everyone is different. I had flushes once an hour at least and disturbed sleep and as I am working closely 1:1 with people and am self employed, these were making life hard. Had I not been working then I may have tried to put up with it- everyone is different.

Don't feel guilty about asking for HRT or thinking you have to feel suicidal- it's how it matters to you that counts.