Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Why do we let GP's boss us about?  (Read 41648 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Why do we let GP's boss us about?
« Reply #105 on: May 08, 2014, 09:27:28 PM »

Also - internet etiquette means that anything in BLOCK is shouting  ;)

Many more GPs are reading sites such as these.  Don't forget that the medical profession meet regularly across the World …………. so have plenty of opportunity to discuss lots of topics - in my day these meetings were funded by Drug Companies or Representatives of various medical knowledge ……. it was hard work organising these but fun!

Taking details of this site to the Practice Nurse is probably a starting point as well as talking to friends of a similar age in a more generalised way can empower women to open discussion with the medical profession ……… now that I feel stronger I am more likely to get my point across, I always take a list with me to work through with my GP.

Dandelion

« Reply #106 on: May 08, 2014, 09:30:39 PM »

Dandelion, I'm reading a lot of good reports about Femoston!  (You're about the 4th person to say really good things about it.)
If, at my 3 month check, I'm not gelling with the Elleste Duet - I might ask to try that next!

(although - touch wood - it seems to be kicking in (10 days now!)

...........  and then, I will be ALL Sweetness & Light!! ::)  (hopefully) :).........................................

until I reach the dreaded GREEN PILLS   which I am hearing horror stories about! eek!
Hi

I hope the elleste duet continues to work for you, but it's nice to know there is another HRT if that one lets you down.
Please keep us posted on how you go on with the elleste duet though, I would be interested to know how the progestin works for you.

Dandelion

« Reply #107 on: May 08, 2014, 09:34:49 PM »

I get the eye-roll feeling off my doctor when I talk about internet.
She asked me if I was reading american womens experience when I told her I speak oniline to women going through perimenopause or menopause.

CLKD

« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2014, 09:36:26 PM »

Well done you! 

Sarah2

« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2014, 08:04:32 AM »

I was not going to get embroiled in this but I just want to say briefly that I am perturbed how some posters have joined forces to act as some kind of chastisement group against cool.
 Being a 'newbie' to the forum doesn't mean someone is a newbie to the subject of menopause- just that they have now joined a forum!
People often reflect long and hard before posting but that doesn't mean everyone will agree with them! :) Also the posts here are not 'static'- there is a modify button which works very well if someone has 2nd thoughts.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 08:06:31 AM by Sarah2 »

honeybun

« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2014, 08:17:03 AM »

We are not chastising anyone we are debating a point and we are all allowed our different opinions.

As I recall I said the written word was static and not the posts. The modify button allows to you change what you have written not add tone of voice or facial expression without which the written word can be easily misinterpreted.

Honeyb

CLKD

« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2014, 09:32:28 AM »

I agree with Honeybun and the less typed in BLOCK the better ....... I'm not deaf tha knows  ;)

Sarah2

« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2014, 01:06:05 PM »

I've clearly misunderstood what you meant then HB because I've never heard of or used the expression that writing is 'static'. Static means something doesn't move or can't be moved - ie once it's down on the page, it's down on the page, or published on the web.

That's why people use block capitals and italics at times as well as the available emoticons, to try to emphasise their point- doesn't have to be 'shouty' - just helps to convey tone.

honeybun

« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2014, 02:06:04 PM »

Thank you Sarah, I do understand what the word static means. Perhaps I did not explain myself very well.

Sometimes posts can come across in the wrong way due to lack of the emotion that a face to face conversation allows.
Posts can be misinterpreted even when emoticons are used. Even a post that is intended to be informative can seem to be strident and rude when they are not meant to be at all.

Forum etiquette is quite different from anything I had come across before.

I guess we all learn as we go along.

Honeyb

CLKD

« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2014, 03:13:48 PM »

Block lettering is, in computer etiquette, shouting  ;) ......... no more, no less .........

I have moderated several Forums over the last 20 years and it wasn't tolerated, once pointed out to a Member  ;)

We also have to remember that GPs have lives too, that they may well have seen a lot of sad cases during the week or other bolshie patients or some for which nothing can be done.  They see patients on a 'roll' with little break inbetween each  ;)

Taz2

« Reply #115 on: May 09, 2014, 03:16:39 PM »

What block lettering...?  :-\

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2014, 03:18:54 PM »

Think CLKD probably means bold rather than block.

You know the big black stuff.

Honeyb
x

Taz2

« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2014, 03:22:01 PM »

Yes but I couldn't see any!!

Taz x  :D

coolatlast

« Reply #118 on: May 09, 2014, 03:22:42 PM »

Block lettering is, in computer etiquette, shouting  ;) ......... no more, no less .........

I have moderated several Forums over the last 20 years and it wasn't tolerated, once pointed out to a Member  ;)

We also have to remember that GPs have lives too, that they may well have seen a lot of sad cases during the week or other bolshie patients or some for which nothing can be done.  They see patients on a 'roll' with little break inbetween each  ;)

Block Letters
is shouting?  That's a new one. 

I always thought that  writing in ALL CAPITOLS was classed as shouting.

But Block lettering  (assuming you mean they have typed it in 'bold') is usually where a person has highlighted a particular text (similar to quoting) or using italics - just to make that bit of text stand out from everything else.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 03:26:00 PM by coolatlast »

Taz2

« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2014, 03:29:44 PM »

I thought that block lettering was capital letters - that's what it used to mean when I worked at a printers anyway - terms change though - and bold lettering was letters in a darker print than the surrounding letters.

SO THIS IS BLOCK  and  this is bold (if it works)

Taz x  :)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11