Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: VA-spotting??  (Read 2183 times)

westie

VA-spotting??
« on: May 15, 2014, 12:58:59 PM »

Hi Girls,

I think I must've had VA for quite while now as have had repeated UTI's and been feeling very dry in that area ( sorry if TMI!). Sex is quite painful unless we use loads of lubricant etc... My doctor has just dished out antibiotics for the UTI's but never mentioned VA.

So far I haven't had the horrible burning and itching, but the other day I did have a little bit of burning and a very small amount of spotting ( bright red blood) which freaked me out a little. I have had nothing since ( over a week ago now).

I have done the sensible thing and booked an appointment with gynaecologist for next Thursday to get it checked out.

Has anyone else had this? Just need some reassurance between now and next Thurs before I convince myself I have something incurable! I am 51 and last period was 3 years ago so well into the meno journey.

Thanks

Westie x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: VA-spotting??
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 03:25:39 PM »

Yep!  I had repeated urine 'infections' but my GP warned me that it might be the start of VA and he was correct!  I then had (12 months ago) pessaries and hey ho, Life became 'normal' again <phew>

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 05:04:34 PM »

Hi westie

I had this (after sex) but it wasn't bright red, just brown. Mine turned out to be an ectropion (formerly called cervical erosion) on the cervix. VA casues the tissues to thin so that they are much more fragile and prone to trauma , so this could also be a reason.

Sounds like you would benefit from local oestrogen eg Vagifem. Here is the information on this site and the treatments available:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/vaginalsymptoms.php

Good to get all this checked out with the doctor

Hurdity x

westie

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 08:43:40 PM »

Thanks girls for your replies, reassuring as always to know I'm not alone.

Will get it checked out and let you know how I get on.

W xx