Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Second mammogram  (Read 2156 times)

Wendy Bradbury

Second mammogram
« on: May 16, 2014, 05:59:30 PM »

I went for my usual mammogram I am 66 and have so far had no problems, until I received a letter two weeks after to say I had to go for furtHer tests, to say I was terrified was a understatement! The waiting was dreadful when the day arrived I went to Brighton breast screening, from the moment I arrived the staff could not have been nicer, the department was beautifully decorated at each stage they explained what would happen, first another mammogram much better equipment than the local van, the mammogram was checked by the doctor, then a ultra sound and a examination with the doctor,I was lucky in my case they thing the mammogram had flattened my breast tissue and everything was ok. It made me realise I was glad that I had taken regular mammograms and how could the care is in East Sussex

Linsey44

Re: Second mammogram
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 07:09:43 PM »

Hi Wendy

Welcome to MM.

Really glad everything went well with your mamo.  Its great to hear that your experience was positive, sometimes nhs gets a hard time and bad press, but there an an awful lot of great things about it as well.

Enjoy reading through all the topics and have a lovely weekend.
Linsey

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 07:11:38 PM »

Sometimes the breast tissue isn't clear enough on the first screening.  Lots of ladies have recalls it tells you on the letter which comes with the appt..  It's always a relief when the 2nd result is OK!

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 10:07:41 PM »

Glad all was well. Recalls can be scary, but better to be safe than sorry.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 11:21:01 AM »

Hi Wendy

Taz x  :welcomemm: