Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: feeling awful  (Read 2925 times)

julielovesjohn

feeling awful
« on: May 05, 2014, 01:23:31 PM »

well just found button how to add this its took a hour I feel right stupid lol well for a while I felt like I was just getting things bk to normalish but last week started with bad hot sweats again I was still having loads but they seem to not like me at mo then my fuzzy head feeling bk to which I hate feeling like off balance to just feeling horrible today so fed up with it now been two yrs whens it going to end I want my life bk I feel so sorry for my hubby who is always here for me but he must get fed up with me feeling awful .like I say ive had a few month feeling like I was getting there now its all bk sorry for moaning xxxxxxxxxx

Bracken willowshimmer

Re: feeling awful
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 03:09:23 PM »

Hi julielovesjohn

I could have written your post.  My symptoms went away and have come back, I have the fuzzy head, feel sick, heavy period.  Hoping one day just to wake up and feel like me again.

I have a very supportive husband too, he is very patient with me.

Know that you aren't alone, lots of lovely women on here to help and support you. Xx

julielovesjohn

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 04:36:47 PM »

thanks sarahm  i just wish it would finish for good i had a hysterectomy wen i was 26 but they left the ovaries in im now 49 it just seems every day it sends another thing to really bring ye down .its like 50 steps forward n 49 bk lol if ye no what i mean thanks being there it helps allot xxxxxxx

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 07:49:17 PM »

Hi julielovesjohn

Maybe you are now going through the menopause - but of course you can't tell because you don't bleed as you've had a hysterectomy. You will still get the associated hormonal changes though and maybe at this point you are noticing the decrease in your oestrogen levels and perhaps need to think about either a higher dose or changing the mode of delivery?

Not sure how long you've been on Climaval but perhaps a patch or gel might suit you so that you can adjust the dose more easily and it won't need to go through the digestive system... you can read about the other types here:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/aftermeno.php

Also the fluctuation in progesterone levels can cause symptoms during peri-menopause, just the same as for women who still have a uterus. It is difficult to say how long it will last though as different for everyone.

Do ask if you need any more advice especially re HRT

Hurdity x

julielovesjohn

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 07:33:00 PM »

I had blood tests two yrs ago my hormone levels was going wappy if ye no what I mean seen by hospital who put me on climaval I must admit theve never helped much but wen I see my gp shes not willing to try anything other even thow hospital said theres loads to try if this don't work .my epilepsy nurse told me hrt don't work as good with my meds so need a higher dose but again gp wont up it as says im to high risk I just feel I have to battle it on my own with help of my hubby as its been a star bless him I also cant go out on my own as since going threw all it I don't no one day will wake up n it will be over n feel ok again well as ok as I can be lol so hope it hurrys up xxxxxxxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 07:59:48 PM »

Can you get to a menopause clinic?

Has your epilepsy support nurse discussed the medication directly with your GP, could you initiate a 3-way appt.?

julielovesjohn

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 08:22:52 PM »

I don't think so im making another appointment to see gp this week n seeing if she will change the hrt I was under hospital for the menopause n they past me over to gp as found it hard to get to the hospital xxxxxxx

saraphillips502

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 09:37:25 PM »

Hi ladies..im new to this but am at end of my tether..ive had urtacaria for 2 months now im low in all hormones and as im only 44 doc advised I go on hrt low dose to see how it goes ..I now on day 2 of progestesterone have had 16 days estrogen ..docs clueless im off to tunisia in 5 weeks and as the heat aggravates the urtacaria im not going to want to go if I still got it..im just hoping that once the hrt gets into my system this rashdoes 1cos im getting really depressed with it.has anyone else suffered or knows of anyone please tell me it hormonal.