Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Weird worrying syptoms  (Read 7128 times)

holidaylover

Weird worrying syptoms
« on: May 05, 2014, 08:15:40 AM »

Hi

Will be 50 this year and periods have been getting more and more erratic.  The symptoms I have been having for the past few months are causing me a lot of worry, to the extent it seems to be taking over.  IBS has been really bad, (bloated, wind and pains), but it's a fluttering sensation in my stomach that's the worst.  I'm sitting at the moment feeling like I'm about to have a really life changing interview.  Palpitations, shakes, and jelly legs, it feels like there is way to much adrenaline surging through me.  Always worse in the morning, but does last through the day.  Had a turn a few weeks back when out of the blue I felt like I was going to pass out.  (Sweats, shakes, palpitations, dry mouth and fuzzy head)  A friend who is a nurse said I was having a hypo, but eating something made no difference and for the rest of the day I felt so spaced out and panicky). Visited Doc last week who said I wouldn't have a hypo unless I was diabetic (which I'm not) and said it was probably a panic attack.  I've suffered those in the past but the feeling usually passes quicker, so I'm not convinced.  She prescribed peppermint oil capsules for my bowel and she said she thought the fluttering was trapped gas. Again, I'm not convinced about that either. She ran a routine blood test but so far I have had no results, but I'm actually hoping they will show something up just for peace of mind! Then yesterday I was dealt another worrying symptom to add to the list, tingling feet!  Tips of my fingers tingle slightly too. It's like I can feel pulses all over my body.  I know it's dangerous to Google syptoms but did anyway, and now I feel I have some deadly disease. So sick of getting up every morning feeling yuk.  Can anyone of you ladies relate to any of this?

Thanks for taking time to read

Dancinggirl

Re: Weird worrying syptoms
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 08:24:28 AM »

Hello and Welcome to MM holidaylover
You are describing very typical meno symptoms - so welcome to the menopause!!!! :-X
We do tend to blame an awful lot on the menopause so it's always a good idea to check things with the GP - which you sensibly have done.  Anxiety is also a classic symptom of the meno and you are clearly very anxious.
A good diet, keeping weight under control, plenty of brisk walking and avoiding stress if possible all help but if the flushes and night sweats emerge then HRT may well be a good option for you.
REad up all the info under the headings to the left of this screen - I think you will find them reassuring and the more clued up you are the less you will worry.
Keep posting.  DG x

holidaylover

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 07:18:45 PM »

Well, symptoms have steadily worsened today.  Tingling feet accompanied with really hot stingy skin and stiff joints.  Neck, and back and tingly fingers, and calves feel crampy and tight.  Now I'm convinced I have Lyme Disease.  I do actually remember having these symptoms a few years back, nothing ever diagnosed.  Feels like my whole system is poisoned, I even have a sore tongue.

Oh the joys of womanhood!!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 09:13:49 PM »

I think a trip to the doctor is necessary. You need some reassurance.
Go for a check up and hopefully some blood tests to see what's going on.
Good luck  DG x

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 09:14:34 PM »

Is Lyme disease not from a tick bite ?.

Do you remember getting something like that?

Honeyb
x

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 09:27:21 PM »

Hi holidaylover - have you had any relief since you first posted in March or have your symptoms been getting steadily worse?

Taz x  :hug:

holidaylover

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 07:59:27 AM »

Dancinggirl, Had bloods taken at docs last week, so far no results are in, and Honeybun, I not aware of getting a tick bite (don't know what that would actually feel like), but found a couple of ticks on our dog last week.  If symptoms don't subside, I'll pay another visit to the surgery.  Always feel I'm just being a nuisance, although I know that's what they're there for.

Thanks for replying

Kathleen

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 08:38:34 AM »

Hello Holidaylover.

I've just read your post and I feel I could have written it myself. I haven't experienced the tingly sensations (yet, lol) but the fluttering sensation in the stomach is something I recognise. At the end of last year I'd been putting up with that feeling for about six months and couldn't take any more so I started HRT. I tried Climesse for three months and found that the sensation went after a few weeks, so definitely hormonal. Unfortunately I didn't get on with the  progesterone part so now I'm on patches.

To be honest I'm still trying to get my HRT right and I'm going to be posting on another thread about that shortly, I just wanted to let you know that I understand  how you feel and you are not alone in suffering these experiences.

Take care and keep posting.

K.
PS Although I love your name it was hard for me to type it as the thought of 'holidays' is one of the things that make me panic these days, how mad is that! :)

Galadriel

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 09:09:14 AM »

Hi holidaylover and welcome to MM

I get these flutterings too ... to the point where I did a pregnancy test! :o

It does fall into the category of weird menopausal symptoms - I know another menopausal lady near where I live who has the same thing!

I'm still trying to find the right HRT for me. Got the oestrogen dose sorted but the progestogen I'm on just now is giving me horrible side-effects to the point where I nearly binned the remaining pack!

Take extra special care of you and stay off Google! Search this site instead - it's much better for your health.

Galadriel x

Shazzie

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 09:22:50 AM »

Hiya and welcome

Sorry you are feeling bad.

I too had these horrible palpitations and a fast pounding heart.  Really horrible.

I started HRT patches and they have really helped.  The palps have stopped since starting the patches.  I use the Evorel conti patch as I don't bleed anymore but there are patches available for ladies who are still bleeding.

Have a chat with your GP.

Good luck and hope you find something that helps as the feelings are horrible.

Shazzie xx

holidaylover

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2014, 01:58:41 PM »

Thanks for the replies ladies
It really is a tonic to read that others are experiencing the same symptoms and it acutally makes them slightly more bearable.  Kathleen, I love my holidays, and when I'm away somewhere in the sun, I never seem to feel as bad, so it proves that a lot of what I am probably feeling is anxiety.  Relaxation is a wonderful thing if we can get it! (That and the wine)!! ;)

Hurdity

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 05:26:50 PM »

Hi holidaylover

Sorry to hear about your symptoms.

Just to say that a tick doesn't bite briefly and then disappear (like a flea or similar) - most people know whether they have had one.

As I expect you know from your dog, they clamp onto your skin and suck your blood ( lovely!) and then swell up quite large so you generally have to remove them, like you have had to do for your dog.

I am sure there are occasions when one wouldn't notice them but the chances of this happening and that particular tick carrying Lyme's disease I would say are small. There are also regional variations in prevalence of the disease I understand.  However do mention to your doc if you found them on your dog just to be on the safe side.

Hurdity x

Debbie G

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2014, 05:53:29 PM »

I can so relate to everything you have said, in fact I thought it was me you were talking about!!  I am slowly learning to accept that for now it is part of my life and trying to make the best of it.  Some days are ok some days not. Give yourself a hug :)