Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Femseven Sequi now Ive got bad stomach  (Read 7169 times)

lynn walker

Femseven Sequi now Ive got bad stomach
« on: May 01, 2014, 07:32:53 PM »

:-\ First week of Femseven Sequi patches and its sticking on fine, problem is Ive to really bad pooing problems. I have Ulcerative Colitus  is it the hormones affecting my illness?, I haven't been like this for ages as Im taking Asacol and its normally well under control. I have proctitus which means I have inflammation in the lower large bowel and rectum so normally have constant constipation so have very loose poo is so very unusual for me.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Femseven Sequi now Ive got bad stomach
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 07:34:58 PM »

Do you have a Nurse you can contact tomorrow?  Hormones can alter bowel movements, I used to get sudden 'runs' within 10 mins of a bleed beginning even if I wasn't due a period  >:( …….. had to be near a loo or else.

Otherwise pop along to Lloyds Chemist and have a private word with the Pharmacist, they have side rooms now for discussions!

lynn walker

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 07:46:01 PM »

I might be having a colitis flare but seems strange it started when I started the patches. I have to use suppositories to empty, even with diahorrea as the proctitus gives me inflammation in large bowel and rectum so I don't lose bowel control, I infact hold onto everything and get really bad stomach cramps until I can find a toilet and use a suppository and give myself time to go, not nice, but I am used to it. Bowel disease is horrible.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 07:47:56 PM »

What support do you get from the various organisations?  Do you have an after care Nurse to contact when you need advice or a chat about symptoms?

Having suffered with a nervous runny tummy for years  ::) ……….. plus anxiety  >:(

:hug:

lynn walker

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 07:55:11 PM »

Used to see gastroenterologist at local hospital when I was first diagnosed but now well controlled (normally) with Asacol and laxative (8 a day) so I just get regular meds from the GP and the occasional prednisalone if I am having a flare, like I said Im usually so constipated this is unusal for me to be like this. When I am in flare I usually lose my appetite big time and I haven't at the moment which is why I am suspecting the change of patch.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 07:59:54 PM »

Keep a food diary and journal?  So that you don't totally focus on symptoms …... ;)

lynn walker

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 08:02:08 PM »

Food makes no difference at all when you have an IBD its is not IBS.

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 08:23:37 PM »

I would ask my GP if I were you. It might be a change in your condition as patches are the ones that don't go through your digestive system. In saying that they can cause nausea when you first start and they could be affecting you differently.

Give your GP a call and see what he thinks.

Honeyb
x

lynn walker

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 08:43:23 PM »

I feel that going to the GP would be pointless he knows sod all about HRT in fact when I changed my patches from Everol Sequi to these he asked me if I wore them on my arm, boy was I shocked.

bev567901

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 09:02:59 PM »

Hi Lynn, I have had diarreah * with evorel
Sequi. Almost like a virus, it is on the first patches when I am about 3 in. I thought it was something else but it happened again & I wasn't even remembering the month before so know it's not in my head. I am seeing the nurse tomorrow & shall report it but my side effects leaflets states it as common. Hope this helps I am sorry you are having this on top of everything else. B x

lynn walker

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 09:27:46 PM »

I never got it on Evorel and I think its the same ingredient in Femseven, Im hoping it wears off as I don't really want a course of prednisolone it makes me eat and eat.

Kathleen

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 08:00:39 AM »

Hello Lynn w.
I also have Ulcerative Colitis and I am using Evorel patches 50mg and Utrogestan. I actually had a flare recently and I am now taking four Mezavant XL tablets a day. Although the drugs seem to be working well for the UC I have noticed that my bowels are behaving differently and I'm sure the hormones are part of it. I have an appointment at my IBD clinic later this month so if I learn anything of interest I will post it on the forum.
I've been looking on the internet for news of IBD treatments and there is a lot going on at the moment so I'm hopeful that things will improve for us soon.
You have my sympathy, UC is a rotten condition to have.
Take care.
K.     

Hurdity

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 08:49:34 AM »

Hi lynn w

I am not familiar with the idea that patches can cause digestive upsets but as honeybun says, they don't go through the digestive system or liver, unlike tablets.

However just to say in response to your post, that the progestogen in Evorel is different from that in Femseven - the former is norethisterone, and the latter is levonorgestrel. The oestrogen is the same in both.

Hurdity x

bev567901

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2014, 08:54:26 AM »

I think bowel changes where my first noticeable symptoms of menopause quickly followed by my first early period. Most GP's dont seem to recognise hormones in this way it is only through experience that we can make the connection. I know when I started taking my AD I had an upset stomach & I read that the receptors are in the bowel as well as the brain hence the upset, makes sense.
Doesn't help if you already have a condition that causes this upset as they will just say its not hormones its the original condition. Think you know different though. B x

lynn walker

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2014, 11:49:41 AM »

Thanks Hurdity but as I am only on the first patch I wont have reached the progesterone part of the packet yet (patch 3) so and the Everol and Femseven is the same for the first 2 weeks then the second 2 are different this is why I changed from one to the other, Ive rang the GP for a course of prednisolone I hate the stuff but am feeling pretty nauseus now and don't want to be like this until Tuesday as its bank holiday this weekend, so Im presuming Im in a colitis flare and its not the patches. I haven't had one for over 12 months so cant really complain but don't want to end up in A & E over the weekend, so prednisolone it is going to have to be, I will get ready for the moon face and munchies..............
Pages: [1] 2