Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: URINE INFECTIONS.  (Read 2901 times)

jazzfunkanne

URINE INFECTIONS.
« on: April 30, 2014, 03:50:37 PM »

Hi all i cant seem to write in the bladder section, i read a few people saying there urine shows up positive in the gp surgery, but neg. in the labs this has happend to me twice, i wonder why this is x

Taz2

Re: URINE INFECTIONS.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 06:05:48 PM »

I think that the dip-stick test in the doctors surgery only shows up the presence of white blood cells and microscopic blood (sometimes) and this is seen as infection but when tested under laboratory conditions then infection is found not to be present. This is a classic early sign of vaginal atrophy and lots of women (me included) are treated for repeated cystitis-like symptoms when, really, topical oestrogen should be prescribed.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 09:11:11 PM »

I agree with Taz.  For 3/4 years intermittently I had urine infections which then manifested as vaginal atrophy, something my GP noticed before symptoms really started.   I had razor blades 'up there' for a week before the treatment kicked in ……..

Talk to your GP/Practice Nurse about VA before it becomes problematic.

jazzfunkanne

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 10:53:26 PM »

Thanks ladies i have a apt in two weeks time, the gp wants too exam my bladder (not looking forward to it) she mention that at the last visit x

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 06:20:45 AM »

Do you know what type of examination she is going to do? I've had ultrasound and cystoscopy but both of these were carried out at our local hospital.

Taz x

jazzfunkanne

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 10:25:17 AM »

Hi Taz i think its a internal to check if the bladder has prolasped? does that sound right x (am not gen up on these things )x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 03:37:07 PM »

Ring your Surgery to ask ? ……...