Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Are you a gourmet, or are you queen of your kitchen?  (Read 10802 times)

dulciana

Are you a gourmet, or are you queen of your kitchen?
« on: April 29, 2014, 12:59:14 PM »

I love food, particularly anything continental, but I do not enjoy cooking (although obviously I have to!!)

Which do you prefer - eating or cooking??

« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 01:31:16 PM by dulciana »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Are you a gourmet, or are you queen of the kitchen?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 01:12:25 PM »

Himself is a chemist therefore he cooks  ;)
As a recovering anorexic I have never had an interest in food.  Therefore I eat ....... if I really have to  :-\ .......... I cannot understand anyone who enjoys cooking .......... nor anyone who eats to excess ......... fortunately after 40 years of no interest I can at least tell DH when I like the smell of what he is preparing as well as when I have enjoyed his food, sometimes I even feel my mouth watering .......  ::)

honeybun

Re: Are you a gourmet, or are you queen of your kitchen?
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 01:37:37 PM »

I like doing both and enjoy it. I trained and worked as a chef for many years and that was my skinniest period. After you have worked with food all day the last thing you want to do is eat it.

Now I just enjoy pottering around the kitchen and trying out new things.

Honeyb
x

libby1

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 01:45:11 PM »

Eating  ;D

Libby
x

Rowan

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 02:31:07 PM »

I am very interested in Nutrition and Health, so I tend to always go for healthy and interesting recipes when I do concoct, otherwise I like restaurants to take the strain, usually Italian, cheap and cheerful are best, they tend to treat you like one of the family.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 03:00:01 PM by silverlady »

Scampi

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 02:36:02 PM »

Both!

I don't enjoy cooking so much at home - after a long day at work, the last thing I want is to be stuck in the kitchen on my own for ages!!  So I tend to do quick, easy stuff at home.

However, our static caravan is open-plan.  So when we are there I will cook anything, no matter how long it takes!  I thoroughly enjoy cooking things that take hours - I'm not locked away on my own, I can join in with converstations, watch TV, etc - heaven!

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 03:10:39 PM »

Neither - if I could have a pill once a day - plus some chocolate of course - that would suit me fine. I do have to cook every day though for my family - it's just I've no interest in food myself. All the time taken shopping for it, preparing it, cooking it, eating it, clearing up after it. Food is always something I have eaten to survive rather than to enjoy. It would be great to be able to eat properly though like most of my friends seem to.  :-\

Taz x

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 04:53:32 PM »

I really enjoy good food well cooked but really do not enjoy cooking much! I like doing roasts when family come home and crumbles for them in winter, and lots of salads, quiche or soup when people come for lunch but otherwise can't be bothered even to think about it. So glad my husband does more of the cooking than I do - cos I'm still working and he's retired!

Hurdity x

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 05:37:29 PM »

Eating definitely.  ;D I can cook, but not good at fancy stuff.

Limpy

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 05:54:28 PM »

I enjoy eating but prefer other people to do the cooking, usually.

bramble

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 06:16:07 PM »

I would prefer someone else to do the cooking but as I live on my own, that is not an option! However I do eat well but do tend to do only potatoes and one veg whereas if there was more than one of me, I would do more veg! But I get by. Someone to do the cooking, shopping and worry about the left-overs would be bliss!
Bramble

honeybun

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2014, 06:46:03 PM »

I think that you get two very definite types of people.
The ones who live to eat and the ones who eat to live.

I have a boot in both camps just to be awkward. Sometimes I love to cook especially if it's a special occasion and sometimes it's just the easy way.

The problem I have had for years is that as I trained and worked as a chef then people presume that I just love to do it. Over the years I have been lumped with christenings funerals birthdays and the list goes on. Eventually I said no don't assume I am happy to do it without asking.
Now I rarely get asked which suits me fine  ::)

Honeyb
x

suzicals

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2014, 06:50:14 PM »

I enjoy cooking when its a special meal or when all my children are round, my eldest son is a chef and he helps me out its lovely to cook with him. 
The 'everyday' cooking and working out what to feed everyone, each week i find a real chore.  My husband doesnt cook anything except burgers and chips :)

I do love to bake tho and sometimes have a session in the kitchen making cakes, biscuits and bread.

So a bit of both for me :)

dulciana

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2014, 07:42:46 PM »

I don't know about anyone else, but I watch programmes like Masterchef in total bewilderment at how anyone could enjoy cooking so much that they would want to put themselves through something like that!!  And sometimes when I am cooking at home(!), I start thinking the same thing.   I'm not one for short cuts and I'll nearly always buy fresh rather than ready-made, but for me, the taste and a really delicious after-smell are infinitely preferable to cooking! 

Linsey44

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2014, 07:58:19 PM »

I'm def in the love to eat camp, but absolutely hate to cook.

my husband works two weeks away then two weeks at home.  When he is home he does breakfast, lunch and tea and comes from a family of chefs so is good in the kitchen. Love that man!!

My contribution is suggesting what to cook and sitting at breakfast bar directing with a glass of wine in hand.
Pages: [1] 2