Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: First time on HRT- Femoston-conti 1mg/5mg  (Read 26883 times)

newbeginnings

First time on HRT- Femoston-conti 1mg/5mg
« on: April 13, 2013, 09:23:33 AM »

Hi I started on Femoston-conti 1mg/5mg about a week ago, it has helped with the horrible symptoms, but I'm wondering if it is strong enough.
 Is it likely that the GP would suggest taking a double dose?- I'm thinking that femoston 2/10 is the same as a double dose and next in strength to what I'm on?

I'm new to the forums and new to forums in general so bear with me as i find my way!

newbeginnings

Re: First time on HRT- Femoston-conti 1mg/5mg
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 10:56:45 AM »

thanks for that it is helpful. I am struggling with very difficult physical and psychological symptoms and although I'm sure I've seen a chink of light since I started the HRT its so hard to know what to do. My gp was kind but just said to come back in 3 months. But I will give it a month and see.

Delilah

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 03:56:48 PM »

Hi Newbeginnings

So sorry that you're having a hard time, hope you find plenty of advice on here, the ladies have been a great help to me.  I've found it can take quite a while before hrt makes a difference, you need to give it at least 3 months and to be honest I found there were improvements up to a year.  I had to take an anti-depressants to help me cope with the anxiety which was by far my worst symptom, that calmed things down and helped me get some sleep.  I've been taking Femoston 2/10 sequi now for 18 months and theres a huge improvement to my initial symptoms, it does get better and theres plenty of advice and help here so keep posting, let us know how you're doing and if we can help you.

Take care
Delilah x

newbeginnings

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 08:45:57 PM »

Thanks delilah. My male gp diagnosed me with chronic fatigue syndrome and i've been seeing him regularly - I've had so much stuff happening in my life (like everyone) eg moving to a new area away from grandchildren, being out of work for the first time and very depressed and anxious- virtually agoraphobic, that I barely noticed I haven't had a period for over a year. I'm 52 and my gp never  asked me. I started researching the menopause and I found this website. I made an appt with a female doctor to discuss it and she put me on the femoston.
 I feel like i've had a light bulb moment and all my craziness is becoming clearer as I realise I have been such a mess and I would love to believe that the chronic fatigue is severe menopause symptoms.

Ivy

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 02:27:23 AM »

Hi Newbeginnings

I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome too (8 years). I have a lot of other medical problems too. My gynae has just put me on HRT and told me it would probably improve depression, sleep and energy. Sounded like a miracle to me. I've only been on it a week and a half, but my body feels a whole lot lighter, not so much of the heavy soggy feeling, although I am over-doing stuff and that does come back at times. But I think my mood has also lifted a bit. It's really too early to tell if this is significant, if it will last (every time I think the CFS is improving I crash and it gets worse). But it must be worth a go to try this HRT (I have been put on it to stop bleeding; menapause 10 years ago).

newbeginnings

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 06:56:42 PM »

thanks for the replies. I've had a real blow the last couple of weeks in having what was probably the norovirus, severe gastro enteritis anyway. Has been awful and set me back badly with low mood and especially fatigue. Not doing well at the moment at all.

Suziredshoes

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 10:20:22 AM »

Hi, 4 weeks in to taking Femoston -Conti 1mg/5mg and I am having a fairly heavy period for me.  As you can imagine this came as a huge surprise after over a year of not having any!  I am 53 and this is my first venture into HRT,  is this usual?

ellie66

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 11:13:53 AM »

You can have bleeding in the first 6 months of new HRT.