Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Img Climagest Side Effects  (Read 3543 times)

Galadriel

Img Climagest Side Effects
« on: April 29, 2014, 08:13:49 AM »

Hi Ladies,

I have a question - before I ring my GP and 'make a nuisance of myself' again.

I started Climagest in March - I'm now on my second pack, two pills to go. I was fine and dandy on first set of pills but the second set - horrible. The same thing happened last month.

Within days of starting the second tablets my anxiety has risen sky high. The least little ache and pain sends the adrenalin coursing though my system. My arms and legs tremble, I get fuzzy headed, and that all just increases the anxiety.

I don't wake up feeling dreadful. It comes on within an hour of taking the pill.

I'd be interested to hear from you lovely ladies - is this par for the course for climagest? Should I give it one more month so I've done the 3 month trial? Or is it time to change the progestogen?

Galadriel x

Dancinggirl

Re: Img Climagest Side Effects
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 01:54:47 PM »

Hi Galadriel
Very common to get PMT type symptoms with this type of progesterone.  I'd try Femoston sequi 1mg - the progesterone in this one is kinder and better tolerated by many.
Don't despair there are plenty of options to try - I'm afraid it is trial and error till you find the one that works best for you. Good luck  DG x

Galadriel

Re: Img Climagest Side Effects
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 02:46:54 PM »

Thanks DG.

I think I'll tough out the last two days of this pack, start the next one and keep my appointment with the Nurse Practitioner and ask for Femoston.

Some fun this is!!! At least I think Ive got the right dose of oestrogen (for now) just need to find a more suitable progestogen. Sounds simple  ;D

Galadriel x