Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: merina coil and fibroids  (Read 2164 times)

cherub0308

merina coil and fibroids
« on: April 28, 2014, 04:55:35 PM »

Hi

Planning on having coil removed which I have had for nearly three,years. I am struggling with emotion and low,mood and want to see if my symptoms are more bearable once it is removed. Ihave been taking estrogen for eight weeks and realise that I obviously need progesterone of taking estrogen. Also on anti depressants.

The reason I have the coil is for heavy periods so surely the fibroids could be treated in a different way.

My periods are very light but the emotion and low mood is so bad . I was so emotional yesterday I didn't know what to do with myself. On the end I had Hopi ear candles which relaxed me to sleep. I felt desperate and couldn't do anything to stop the emotion.

I just feel I am suffering and can't get through to who I see  how bad I feel :(

Cherub0308 x

Hurdity

Re: merina coil and fibroids
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 05:17:18 PM »

If you have fibroids then the Mirena is recommended as a way of taking HRT and limiting their growth.

I think you would still need to take continuous progestogen with fibroids (I imagine the doc will advise this?) so the trick will be to find one that doesn't cause side effects but still keep the fibroids small. I think you need to discuss with your doc. I don't know for example whether Utrogestan ( the bio-identical) progesterone - is powerful enough to dtop the growth of fibroids.

Hurdity x