Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Vagifem question  (Read 4853 times)

Mandyo

Vagifem question
« on: April 26, 2014, 06:04:49 PM »

Hi Ladies I started HRT in January and was also given Vagifem because of VA which I've had for over 3 years now and was told  to take it 2x per week from the start.  My husband decided to take me away 2weeks ago for a romantic weekend and we were very hopefull that  things would have improved but unfortunately it was still very painful  :'(.  I was gutted as I'd been taking it since January. Having read on here I noted that most ladies were told to start with it using it every day for 2 weeks  boost and then 2 x per week. So I decided to give it a go and am now on day 9 of using it every night. Last night though I found it difficult to insert it, it almost felt like there was a blockage. It didn't hurt but I couldn't insert it as deep as usual. Has anyone else had this and is it normal? Many thanks for your help xx

SilverFairy

Re: Vagifem question
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 11:47:43 AM »

I was advised to use it for 4 weeks then 2 x per week.
Maybe you were in a slightly different position when you tried to insert the cream? Try tilting your pelvis upward slightly.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 03:42:19 PM »

Hi Mandyo

I get this sometimes - just like that - it feels like a blockage.  I thought it might be a slight prolapse and posted  a thread a while back. Even if it is ( a slight prolapse), I have discovered that all I need to do is change the angle of insertion - I think I usually need to make it more vertical (while I am standing)  - and then it usually goes up all right. Also do you do it lying down or standing? Maybe try lying down if you are usually standing or vice versa?

Hurdity x

Mandyo

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 09:25:36 PM »

Hi SilverFairy and Hurdity
Many thanks for your responses. I usually insert it when lying down, last night it went in a bit easier but tonight it seemed to get stuck again. So tried standing up and it did help so thank you both for your tips. Fingers crossed after the boost period things will Improve and I will have a happy husband again  ;)
I have to say that since I found this forum my night time read is on here every single night. It's really comforting to know there are ladies I can talk to who understand all about meno, I wish I'd found it years ago and also wish I'd become 'HRT positive' as I like to call it years ago instead of putting up with it for so long. Mandy xx