Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Mirena questions  (Read 2381 times)

Badga

Mirena questions
« on: April 23, 2014, 07:19:31 AM »

Been on the Mirena/Estradot regimen for a couple of months now.  Am at clinic tomorrow.  In terms of the Estradot, due to my sweating under them due to vigorous exercise, these always seem to have a pool sweat under them when I take them off.  I might add that I am using a dressing over them.  However, I am now wondering if it is the Mirena that is causing my constant tiredness and fatigue, along with massive, swollen sore boobs that I require a larger bra for that I have to wear to sleep in.  Is there some sort of hormone imbalance going on here?  Really fed up now  :'(

Taz2

Re: Mirena questions
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 07:59:59 AM »

I think that the things you mention seem typical of side effects from the Mirena. I work with two women who have had theirs removed due to the bloated feelings and also tearfulness and extreme exhaustion. Within a couple of weeks they were both back to their normal selves.

These are some of the side effects

"irregular menstrual periods, changes in bleeding patterns or flow;
breakthrough bleeding, or heavier menstrual bleeding during the first few weeks after device insertion;
back pain;
headache, nervousness, mild dizziness;
nausea, vomiting, bloating;
breast tenderness or pain;
weight gain, acne, changes in hair growth;
mood changes, loss of interest in sex;
mild itching, skin rash; or
puffiness in your face, hands, ankles, or feet."

Good luck tomorrow with your appointment. I have similar problems with progesterone and opted for a sequi HRT even though I am post-meno. This means I only have to put up with the progesterone for two weeks out of every four.

Taz x

Badga

Re: Mirena questions
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 09:40:07 AM »

Thanks Taz.  I thought as much! >:(