Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23

Author Topic: One positive thing that's happened today is....  (Read 67185 times)

Galadriel

Re: One positive thing that's happened today is....
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2014, 07:33:17 PM »

Eek Trey! I hope you got to your campsite safely.

I love a bit of freestyle cookery Limpy.

My enrolment for my project management course has come through starting this week   :o :)

Wombat

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2014, 10:01:47 PM »

Flight was on time

Taxi was waiting

Hotel is nice

Good dinner with colleagues....

Wombat x

Rowan

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2014, 09:50:14 AM »

Have just used some of my L'Occitane  Gel Douche Universel  shower gel for the first time in my morning bath, followed by a spray of their

Universel Cologne  and have been instantly transported to Italy, the smell is Italy as I remember it. Italian men smell just like it  :)

It has cheered me up no end.

Galadriel

« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2014, 12:05:05 PM »

That sounds lovely silverlady.

Today the sunshine came out after a miserable misty moisty morning  8)

Galadriel x

Taz2

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2014, 03:11:20 PM »

SL - have you sprayed some on OH?  ;D

Rowan

« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2014, 03:27:28 PM »

He was in hospital, but out now, he likes the smell too its unisex. He did have a spray :)

Essential oils of Mediterranean bergamot and grapefruit, this eau de cologne is a real whirlwind of freshness, built on a harmony of invigorating sunny citruses.

I think I detect a whiff of continental cigarettes too, very evocative, but that maybe wishful thinking ;D

« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 05:02:06 PM by silverlady »

Hurdity

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2014, 04:50:42 PM »

Middle son phoned to say he's been offered a job (first since graduating a year ago) - I think he's going to turn it down though as it involves a long-ish commute (walk, train, bus, walk) to another town and won't leave him time/energy to do what he wants to do (always a dilemma!). However it's a great confidence booster for him  :) as he doesn't have a great deal usually...!

Hurdity x

Limpy

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2014, 05:09:42 PM »

Found out OH doesn't have a detached retina but Posterior Vitrous Detatchment, he's got to go back in a couple of weeks for a follow up. Meanwhile he can't do the hard uphill cycling that he likes,  I am tempted nail his feet to the floor so he doesn't escape on his bike even for a little ride. I am just so relieved it wasn't the retina.

Also, I had to drive given he had drops in his eyes. I was told I DROVE REALLY WELL! Who am I to argue? 

Trey

« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2014, 05:24:06 PM »

Limpy: I just pm ed you and I had the same thing.  Keep an eye on it as increased or new floaters can indicate a tear as mine did.

Well I guess this is positive.  We are in a RV campground due to incredible, sustained winds.  The good news is that we made it in one piece.  We are now in Kansas and everywhere in this town are pictures of Dorothy, Toto, the Tin man and Scarecrow.  Believe me I feel we've been blown all over the place.  Really scary at times so we gave up and pulled in at ten am.  The good news is our satellite has been able to penetrate the clouds.

The Rv is blowing and rocking and I feel as though we are on a cruise.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 05:34:19 PM by Trey »

honeybun

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2014, 06:52:12 PM »

Sounds really exciting  Trey, stay safe though.

The best thing today....the sun shone and DD and I sat in the garden and soaked up the rays. She is very fair skinned unlike me and her freckles have popped up all over her nose.  I just start to go darker....gipsy  blood in their somewhere  ;D

Honeyb
x

ariadne

« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2014, 07:12:36 PM »

I'm 60 this summer and really wanted to reduce my working week to 4 days seeing as how I was expecting to draw my pension before the government pulled the rug from under our feet!

Yesterday I plucked up courage to ask, eyebrows were raised but then today I was told I could!

Yippee, Fridays off from summer onwards  :hapij:

Ariadne xx

« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 07:49:07 PM by ariadne »

Limpy

« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2014, 07:30:49 PM »

Thanks Trey have pm ed a response.

Congratulations Ariadne - Perhaps you could reduce your working week a bit more if you asked  Do you have a contract anywhere which discusses retirement age?

Rowan

« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2014, 07:41:20 PM »

Another positive this evening, my aching wrist and left lower side  have resolved. Dragging large heavy flower containers last week I think must have been the cause, so will not be doing that again.

Also had an email from my friend saying she has booked us in at the beauty clinic we go to a couple of times a year, for some treatments, (a credit card job, but I have my Christmas and Birthday money I have not spent) then coffee and cake and shopping.

So that is something to look forward to in May.

ariadne

« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2014, 07:51:20 PM »

Oops - I should have typed reduce my working week to 4 days! Blast this tablet! There was all of you thinking I was working 7 days a week ::)

I've corrected it now.

Ariadne xx

honeybun

« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2014, 09:06:27 PM »

I did think you were one very busy lady   ;D

Enjoy your extra time off. Don't use it to catch up on housework, spend the time on you.

Honeyb
x
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23