Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Estring or Vagifem  (Read 5518 times)

ellie66

Estring or Vagifem
« on: April 21, 2014, 08:26:15 PM »

As some of you know I am on Osetrogel and Utrogestan with is fab but I still have vaginal dryness. Its so annoying/burning this weekend I am thinking of calling the fire brigade to hose me down  ;D

I shall email my GP tomorrow but I am wondering whether to ask for Vagifem or Estring. Has anyone used Estring?

Ellie

Dancinggirl

Re: Estring or Vagifem
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 09:11:44 PM »

I'm using Estring and I know Ancient Runner is to.  So far I've found this option to be the best but I'm still burning quite a bit - I think I've been suffering with VA so long now it's going to take quite some time to gets things settled.  I've been seen by a urologist who said it was probably Interstitial Cystitis which is very common in post meno women and very difficult to treat but local oestrogen would probably help. I've tried all the rest, Vagifem, Ovestin and Gynest. Most women seem to find Vagifem is good so perhaps try that one first.
Even when on HRT I always had to use some form of vaginal moisturiser - Multi-Gyn Actigel, Hyalofemme etc.
Unfortunately systemic HRT doesn't always help with VA.  DG x

ellie66

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 09:27:57 PM »

Just spoken to a female doctor friend tonight she thinks estring. I have just emailed my GP and copied her in. My GP and her are friends.

I like the idea of estring you just change it every 3 months.

vegas13

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 10:09:19 PM »

Hi iam 34 and started using e-string 3mths ago. It has been brilliant I have had the odd itch but it outweighs the dryness by far. I went to the doctors and she put it in for me. I have recently tried to take it out cos it's 3 months down the line and I can't get it out even by partner has tried!! Nightmare... so iam going to have to make an appointment to get it out and new one put in.. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or is it just me!!!

ancient runner

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 01:14:40 PM »

I am finding the estring brilliant -- I am on my second one and symptoms are still improving (so take heart, Dancinggirl). I did use the odd blob of oestrogen cream on the outside where necessary for the first few months but haven't had to do that for ages.
Odd that you can't get it out though. Have you tried squatting down and then having a go? Can you actually feel it up there (or has it fallen out somehow???)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 09:38:46 PM »

Thanks Ancient runner - this last few days I have actually felt a bit more comfortable.
I think I've suffered from VA so long it's going to take time for the benefits to really work on my bladder and urethra.
vegas13 - I agree with ancient runner - can you actually feel it? Mine seems to sit around the neck of my uterus so I can feel it in position quite easily if I put a finger up a little way.
Good luck  DG x