Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hi, newbie here, who's been through POF!  (Read 2847 times)

Dahlings

Hi, newbie here, who's been through POF!
« on: April 18, 2014, 09:14:09 AM »

Hi All,

I wish there'd been a site like this when I went through the menopause in my mid 20s! I'm 44 now, so it's all behind me, but I had no clue why I was an emotional train wreck with no periods back in the mid 90s.

It's great to see that there's a resource for women going through it now, because doctors aren't always the best of help.

I managed without HRT (just), but that's because I wasn't allowed it, having had a DVT when I was pregnant at 17. SO glad I started young (not intentionally, I may add), because I'd probably be childless now if I'd waited for the "right time".

If anyone has any questions, do feel free to ask.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to getting to know you!

Inga

Taz2

Re: Hi, newbie here, who's been through POF!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 09:26:24 AM »

Hi Inga - what a lovely first post!

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Dahlings

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 09:55:56 AM »

Thank you Taz! :)

chuffinghormones

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 03:14:00 PM »

Hi, I'm new to this forum, first time today.

I'm 31 soon and am going through premature menopause.  It all started when I had mirena coil removed last August because of lower tummy pain.  I haven't had a period since. Went to GP end of November by this point I was having most of the symptoms of menopause. GP was good and sent me for blood test for FSH and e2 and FSH was high and e2 was very low indicating premature menopause.

Dr said if test in June come back the same I can start hrt. She told me to take calcium supplements supplements.

I have lots of symptoms including joint pain, headaches, hot flushes, anxiety, tearful, LONELY, nausea, mood swings and vaginal dryness to name a few.

I have friends that are supportive but don't understand how I feel. I think its wonderful that you are offering your help/support Inga

Linsey44

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 04:04:16 PM »

Just to say hi and that you will find lots of support and great info on here. I am new as well and have been fascinated by some of the topics.

It would be easy to think we are ill when we are experiencing so many symptoms at once and it reassures us when other share their experiences.

Sorry if i am telling you something that you already know but the website daisy network is aimed at those with premature menopause, it could be another support site for you.  If you feel you need hrt ask your GP again or ask to be referred to gynae consultant, dont be fobbed off if you think you could benefit from it.

Keep in touch and let us know how you get on.

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 05:33:21 PM »

Inga and chuffinghormones

:welcomemm:

Hurdity x

chuffinghormones

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 05:45:36 PM »

Hi Linsey

Thanks for your message.  I have seen the site but not had a chance to have a good look yet.

Im going back to GP in June after my next blood test (around 1st June). GP wanted me to wait until December but I went back and saw her in March and told her that I could wait that long.

Thanks again.