Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Not bleeding after progestogen withdrawal ...... pregnant?  (Read 3687 times)

anna123

Not bleeding after progestogen withdrawal ...... pregnant?
« on: April 17, 2014, 06:03:36 PM »

Hello
I'm in perimeno.FSH levels were 46 and 40 last year and I started on HRT. I was on Evorel Sequi but had bad side effects in progestogen phase so moved onto Femoston 1/10 then increased to 2/10. I'm very happy on it with no side effects and feel back to 'normal 'again :)

I normally have bleeding 5-6 days after stopping the progestogen phase but this month nothing at all. Should I always have bleeding ?What possible reason could I have for not bleeding? Could I be pregnant? I believe I did ovulate this month and last as had EWCM  which I've not had for many months and don't use contraception.  I know technically you can get pregnant if not using contraception and not fully post menopausal but surely though after years of trying and failing then being diagnozedwith POF and going on HRT I couldn't just get pregnant? There is very little info on the internet about this and I hoped someone on here would know more or maybe have experience of this. Thank you.

Sarah2

Re: Not bleeding after progestogen withdrawal ...... pregnant?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 07:59:50 PM »

How would you feel if you were pregnant? Would it be welcome?

Yes- you could be.

On the other hand, not all women bleed all of the time on sequi HRT. I don't have figures to hand but I believe ( without looking it up)that quite a number of women do not bleed after being on HRT for a number of years.

It's also possible for hormones to fluctuate a lot ( during peri) and some much older women become pregnant in their late 40s- early 50s, thinking they can't but then their ovaries have one last surge- and Bob's your uncle!

How old are you?

IF you are PG then you do have to stop HRT so best get a kit and check!

anna123

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 08:09:27 PM »

Hi Sarah
Thanks for your response. I'm 39 and would be overjoyed to be pregnant-a little miracle though think I'm more hoping it is the case than really believing it is true. I have a child and tried for years with him then genuinely thought it wouldn't happen so stopped trying and it happened.

We dtd at time of ovualtion so suppose I will need to wait another week then test.

ellie66

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 05:01:10 PM »

I was on Femston 2/10MG I found my period could start any time from about day 23 of old packet to day 4 of the new packet. Sometimes I did not a bleed/period at all. Some women do not get bleeds on sequential HRT. I am now on Oestrogel and Utrageston and sometimes do not get a bleed. Do a pregnancy but not bleeding on sequential HRT is fairly common.

anna123

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 05:28:19 AM »

Thanks Ellie
Thanks for lettting me know it is very common not to bleed. I supose it was just wishful thinking and hoping on my part that I could be pregnant. my body's probably not even properly used to the HRT yet anyway so no doubt bleeding or not will be pretty irregular for a few months yet.