Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Evorel Sequi...........allergic ?puffy eyes and face  (Read 3342 times)

lynn walker

Evorel Sequi...........allergic ?puffy eyes and face
« on: April 17, 2014, 10:16:06 AM »

Hi Im not sure if this is related to Evorel Sequi patches, I have been using these for a few months and I think that when I get to the second half of the box this happens. My face and eyes are puffing up and face and neck go really really dry and itchy , has anyone else experienced this. Wondering whether it could be a side effect of the ingredient in the second lot of patches maybe.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 11:08:44 AM by lynn w »

honeybun

Re: Evorel Sequi...........allergic ?puffy eyes and face
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 11:56:57 AM »

I have never heard of this before to be honest. Have you looked at the patient information leaflet to see if it's mentioned there, or call your pharmacist to see if they might know.

Honeyb
x

lynn walker

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 12:10:52 PM »

Ive looked on the internet you can get a reaction to progesterone and it increases over time, it just seems strange to me that Im getting this on the second half of the patches, Im off to the docs at 5.30pm will let you know how I get on as it might be of interest to other people.

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 12:42:28 PM »

The second half of the patches are where the progesterone is introduced. The first half is oestrogen only. Perhaps that why.
Maybe if you tried a bio identical progesterone you might not have that reaction.

Honeyb
x

lynn walker

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 05:36:54 PM »

Doctor changed my patch to Femseven Sequi, and said Ive had an allergic reaction to progesterone and gave me a strong anti histamine, so will see if it happens again next month.

Oh no just read on another thread that Femseven Sequi has been discontinued Im due to pick up my prescription on Tuesday, I hope this isn't the case as I was on Tridestra previously and that was discontinued too.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 05:46:26 PM by lynn w »

anna123

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 06:05:02 PM »

I had horrible side effects on Evorel Sequi though these were more emotional and angry etc. I've moved onto Femoston 2/10 and have no side effects.