Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: anxiety  (Read 2739 times)

toffeecushion

anxiety
« on: April 14, 2014, 11:37:10 PM »

I don't know where to start, but am feeling really fed up. I have suffered with anxiety for many and am a recovering agoraphobic. Recently my anxiety has got worse, but also feels different. It is definitely worse at the beginning of my period. My head feels full and I feel so tense in my shoulders.  I feel so wobbly and my head feels shaky inside.  I am sure it will pass but just wondered if anyone else feels the same.

Just feeling a bit sorry for myself, laying awake feeling scared and wondering how bad it will get before it gets better.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: anxiety
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 02:04:10 PM »

Little steps.  Try not to push yourself into a corner, i.e. don't let the cupboards/freezer/fridge run down.  That way you can shop in fits and starts  ;).  Don't over-commit - say 'yes' to one thing a week so that you can enjoy it without the feeling of doom that there are others issues to 'face'.  Deep breathing might help.  Regularly, thoughout the day, anxiety or not.  Bring your shoulders up to your ears, relax: repeat .....

Diamonds and pearls 53

Re: anxiety
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 06:42:19 PM »

Sorry to hear you are feeling so fed up Toffee-anxiety is a horrible thing and an ongoing battle isn't it? Congratulations on having overcome your Agoraphobia though-that is something to be very proud of! As CLKD says- Little steps, and perhaps, if you have a garden some time outside, even if just to enjoy the spring blossom and the sunshine. Nature is very calming and restorative.
If possible avoid doing anything challenging at the beginning of your period if you feel extra tense then-be kind to yourself on those days and spoil yourself a bit.One day at a time!

Diamonds and pearls x