Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Spotting  (Read 2720 times)

maggiemck1978

Spotting
« on: April 14, 2014, 01:54:36 PM »

Any advice out there girls?  :)
Been taking Kliovance low dose for about 6 weeks now. Generally feeling better all round so positive result there.
However in last couple of days had slight spotting after almost 8 months without periods.
Is this to be expected? My GP didn't explain what to expect so wondered if your combined knowledge might shed some light?

Dancinggirl

Re: Spotting
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 04:39:34 PM »

Hi and Welcomemaggiemck1978
Spotting is quite common on conti HRT.  It's usual to get spotting for the first 6 months.  You've been given a conti HRT when in fact your are not technically post menopause which is odd.  To be deemed post meno you should have gone at least a year(usually 2) without periods as your own hormones can still be kicking in!!  If you are over 54 then your doctor probably just presumed you were post meno.
Many of us also have to try various HRT types to find the right one.
If you are generally feeling good then I wouldn't worry - if you are getting spotting or bleeding after the first 6 months on this HRT then try something else.
DG x

maggiemck1978

Re: Spotting
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 04:49:39 PM »

Thanks for the reply which is reassuring. I will be 54 in June so maybe my GP was just presuming, although until the age of 52 or so I was having v regular periods. Will see how I go. Thanks again