Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Can I halve utrogestan capsule ?  (Read 18318 times)

PollyH

Can I halve utrogestan capsule ?
« on: April 12, 2014, 12:20:42 PM »

Hi All

I started oestradot 50mcg 15 days ago - where's is the best place to put them? Also I was supposed to take 200mg utrogestan last night but could'nt face it as last time I tried this about two years ago I nearly passed out.

Is it possible to pierce the capsule and empty some out or brake the capsule and halve the amount of powder inside so hat I can try a lesser dose first. I am feeling bit better today and don't want yo go downhill after taking progestogen.

Does this make sense ?

PollyH

X x x x x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Can I halve utrogestan capsule ?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 12:27:17 PM »

What do you mean  :-\ "where's the best place to put them" ......... 'take' implies that you swallow the medication ? what does it say on the packet?  It isn't wise to break any capsule or pill ......... they are in measured doses to include the coating!  Perhaps you should speak to a Pharmacist today!!!

Sarah2

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 12:29:09 PM »

You need to take Utrogestan before you go to bed- that way, you won't notice any side effects. Dizziness and sleepiness are listed as side effects. I take mine very last thing after cleaning my teeth.

You shouldn't try to half them. If you read the leaflet it should describe what is in them- powder mixed with oil, so they will be very gooey if you cut them and you won't get an accurate 'half' because some may ooze out.

Some women use them vaginally - not licensed in UK for this but it's fine if you want to try as this is the 'norm' in France more than UK.

In any case- you can't really alter the dose like this unless you extend the number of days you take them.

If you do think that a smaller dose would help, then ask your dr because 100mgs exist, but you'd then need to work out how many days because you need more days at 100mgs than 200mgs.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 12:33:24 PM by Sarah2 »

Sarah2

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 12:29:40 PM »

I think Polly means where to put the patch :)

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 12:35:52 PM »

You could always use them vaginally to minimize the side effects.

As for the patch. Anywhere below the waist. Bum, thigh,hip. I use Evorel and try and keep it away from my panty line as it can stick or get wrinkled. I have been known to pull the patch off when I went to the loo.  ::)

Honeyb
x

Spangles

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 02:21:47 PM »

Hi
With regard to using Utrogestan vaginally can you tell me which side effects it minimises please?
Thanks
Shellb
xXx

Cassie

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 02:28:02 PM »

Ask the Doc for 100mg but then as Sarah says you will have to take for longer. I take 100mg for 12 days per month, recommended dosage is actually 25days per mnth. I dont have any side effects really using them vaginally, ocassional bloating, bit of lower abdominal pain, but no dizziness and they do tend to keep me awake, whereas others say that they have the opposite effect, I guess... differen strokes for different folks... :D

Sarah2

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 02:39:16 PM »

It should minimise the side effects you have had. BUT everyone is different and some people find vaginally doesn't work for them - they get other but different side effects.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 02:46:47 PM by Sarah2 »

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 03:38:21 PM »

I had no dizziness or bloating but they did give me an irritable bladder but I was using them everyday. I did not want a bleed as I have not had one for years now. I gave up due to the bladder issues and went back to my combined patches.

Just shows how different we all are. Some women think they are great but I did not like utrogestan at all.

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 05:31:33 PM »

I use Evorel and try and keep it away from my panty line as it can stick or get wrinkled. I have been known to pull the patch off when I went to the loo.  ::)

You are not alone.

In my defence, the jeans were perhaps a bit too tight, the weather a bit warm, my need to get to the loo extreme. Managed to stick it back on, luckily it was being changed the next  morning.   ::)

PollyH

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2014, 05:49:49 PM »

Hi everybody

Thank you for all your replies. I guess I will just have to take it tonight and stop being so soft.

Did you really think Clkd that I was gonna try and stick a utrogestan capsule to my bum lol!

Hi Cassie - how come you can take 100mg capsule just for 12 days, does that still give you a bleed? If this dose is too strong for me then I may try this option if the doc says it is ok.

Hi sarah2 thanks for the advice I will see how I go and keep you posted.

Have lovely evening.

PollyH
Xxxxxxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2014, 08:26:46 PM »

<phew> I didn't realise that Utrogestan are by mouth  ::) ……… the type I have are pessaries  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2014, 08:31:19 PM »

You have a different type of pessary though CLKD. Yours is not part of HRT but for VA.

Honeyb
x

Cassie

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2014, 12:16:28 AM »

Oh yes I used to get a bleed on even 7 days of 100mg but 12 days was the recommended dosage as 7 was causing my lining to be a bit too thick and breakthrough bleeds.

PollyH

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2014, 04:39:26 PM »

Hi all

I took a 200mg of utrogestan last night - didn't feel too dizzy but had ringing in my ears really strange and my other half had to get in the other bed as I was very hot and restless. Today I feel so tired can't be bothered with anything and feel like I could sleep forever and my brain is not working. Hope I will be okay for work tomorrow - will this get better as my body gets used to the utrogestan - these feelings never seem to end, just want to get back to normal. I have just had two weeks off work and can't be off again. Feel down as well - bloody progestogen.

Thanks for listening.

PollyH

Xxxxxx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4