Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Can I halve utrogestan capsule ?  (Read 18316 times)

honeybun

Re: Can I halve utrogestan capsule ?
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2014, 12:31:38 PM »

Utrogestan is not prescribed in this country for vaginal use so you have a double whammy. I agree about the price of a scan but if we don't use as prescribed then we don't have a leg to stand on really.

Honeyb
x

Meeka

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2014, 01:21:24 PM »

I prefer to take it vaginally, I think the side effects are less.  I took 200mg orally last month for 10 days and I have a problem with vertigo at the moment....it started after I had been taking 200mg for 10 days orally so I think there may be a connection. Not sure tho..could be a virus or labyrinthtitis, its not nice tho.    This month I'm going to try 100mg taken vaginally for 12 days and see if I fair any better...I don't get much of a bleed if any tho, whatever dose I take.  I also have to douche to get the remains of the utrogestan out .   Like many on here, I have grown to dislike the utrogestan phase, I also seem to develop a brain fog after about 7 days use.   

Sarah2

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2014, 01:23:51 PM »

You can use it vaginally for infertility/ fertility use in the UK . Consultants are also happy for it to be used either way for HRT. If you tell your dr this then they might be willing to listen ( and learn!)

honeybun

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2014, 06:37:17 PM »

Most bog standard GPs have never heard of it let alone prescribe it for vaginal use.
Private consultants obviously have to do something different because other wise why bother to pay when your GP could do the same.

Private will tailor to your individual needs but in reality there is not an infinite number of HRTs so we are all stuck with the same thing whether we pay or not.
Scans are available privately but not on the NHS unless there is a problem.

There is the big question.
Private consultants will prescribe and take a chance of thickening of the womb lining because they can then send you for a scan ( more money ). GPs will be more conservative and stick to basic guidelines.
You pay your money ( or not) and you take your chance.

Honeyb
x
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]