Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Anyone else only feel good and normal around the time of ovulation?  (Read 2315 times)

GypsyRoseLee

I'm still waiting for results of blood tests but I am 99% sure I am peri menopausal. I'm 43, with a history of PMS. My periods are getting lighter and lighter, and I'm having hot flushes and constant irrational anxiety.

Infact for the last few months the only time I feel like me again, and happy with my life is for about one week per month round about when I ovulate. The difference in my mood is very, very noticeable.

Does anyone else go through this every month?

If I start on HRT will the hormones make me feel good and normal for the whole of the month again? I really hope so, as I feel I'm just existing (and very unhappily at that) for 3 weeks of every month  :'(

Cassie

Re: Anyone else only feel good and normal around the time of ovulation?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 06:43:31 PM »

If you are referring to the libido side of things around the ovulation time, then I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but sometimes HRT has the opposite effect and supresses what little libido is left, but it certainly does help for other feel good symptoms, hot flushes, aches pains etc.

katem

Re: Anyone else only feel good and normal around the time of ovulation?
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 07:01:40 AM »

I so know what you are experiencing but unfortunately, it just gets worse. I last had a period six months ago but since they stopped, my hormones have been all over the place. Previously, I would have basically had just a week a month when I would have bad feelings and lots of power surges. Since, end of periods, I have only a week a month when I do not have the bad feelings and power surges because my hormones are all over the place, its very difficult. I am now taking Prozac to try and alleviate some of the bad times.