Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So Dizzy  (Read 10601 times)

Cassie

Re: So Dizzy
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2014, 11:08:39 AM »

Had that as well. Went to the ENT, he spoke about what he described as "little stones" in ones inner ear that get misaligned, he made me lie flat on the bed and just turn my head to the side, room would spin, he then did a few exercises with me, had me hanging off the bed to try and get the balance correct in the ear and told me to do the exercises at home, helped a lot. Although I still get transient attacks of vertigo when turning in bed, its def related to your ear, I would start with an ENT investigation.

Rowan

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2014, 11:22:09 AM »

Eply Manoeuvre worked for me too,  but can still get slight bouts occasionally when I turn over in bed ( to the right) and my eyes go ( classic BPPV symptom), but now I know what it is, it doesn't worry me.

westie

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2014, 11:57:11 AM »

Thanks Silverlady I have read up on BPPV and it does seem to match with my symptoms. Have you still got it or does it go away?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2014, 12:09:03 PM »

It's making me queasy whilst reading this.  I had vertigo several times in the 1990s. Didn't dare move until the anti-nausea medication kicked in and even then ……….   I also have a nerve in my neck which can make me woozy if I turn suddenly. 

westie

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2014, 12:20:55 PM »

Thanks girls have just read up on the Eply manoeuvre think I'll get GP to refer me to an ENT expert.

Funnily enough mine is when I turn over to the right Silverlady, left side is fine so have been trying to sleep propped up on left side which has helped.

This site is better than any GP I recommend it to everyone!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2014, 12:44:22 PM »

:thankyou:

Hurdity

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2014, 04:26:28 PM »

westie - it could still be a virus if it's only just started - see my post below - there is definitely one going about. It's unlikely to be a sudden new meno symptom but could be vertigo/bppv. For two weeks I felt more or less OK apart from the dizziness, but I think it's OK now ( fingers crossed). In your case if you have low blood pressure that could be a cause too.

Meeka you could try splitting the dose if your doc will give you double the amount of 100 mg? I agree vag route is not good too often - I wouldn't want to have it monthly!

Hurdity x

Maryjane

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2014, 01:17:03 PM »

I have had BPPV for 27 years, caused by horse riding accident.had Epley manoeuvre a few times, I ignore it now as it comes and goes as it pleases, the Brndt daroff exercises are good. Mine never effects me whilst standing, I sleep with a few pillows to try and avoid lying flat. When it was at its worst I would go to the loo on my hands and knees, because I didn't know which way was up.
Pages: 1 [2]