Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: very awful feeling in my back when i am still in bed...anyone feel like this??!  (Read 2522 times)

maureenm

Hello everyone
when i am in bed and i stay in bed for longer then i usually do ( extra hour or so) i have a god awful pain in my back around the middle of my back....does anyone else get this? I assume it is to do with the menopause.....i feel so down lately....feel like a 90 year old!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

I replied then lost it!

Yep, I sleep much better now that DH is retired so don't turn over as often.  I wake most mornings with a stiff back.  I also have pains down my thighs/knees/hips .........

:welcomemm:

Wombat

Yes..unfortunately, it is not necessarily meno more likely the middle aging process.....we all get stiffer joints as we get older, general osteo arthritic aches I am afraid

If I sleep on my back it seems to be worse and I need to move slowly to get out of bed......

Wombat x

Annika

Unfortunately either its age creeping up or a new mattress is in order. Had to replace mine last year because of backache and my hips where numb by morning...in 5 years it never got softer still way to hard so replaced with a nice soft one instead  :bed:

maureenm

thank you to all for your replies, well i am only 41 so hoping when i start my HRT my back might get a little better? hope so!!