Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conti and Bleeding  (Read 5627 times)

Lizziep

Evorel Conti and Bleeding
« on: April 09, 2014, 05:49:54 AM »

Hi Ladies,

I've been on Evorel Conti for 2 weeks and yesterday I started to bleed !!
I understood that you didn't bleed on these, well that's what my doctor told me.

I came off of the Evorel Sequi patches in January due to the heavy bleeding and I don't want that all again.
I'm 54 and haven't had a bleed in between then and now and the last time I had proper periods was about 14 months ago.

Any advice please?

Cheers,
LizzieP  8)

carrs

Re: Evorel Conti and Bleeding
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 04:41:09 PM »

Hi Lizzie
They say it takes up to 6 months for the bleeding to stop on the Conti - see the information on the side panel. You may need some time to settle in to it, specially if you had a lot of bleeding before.

I don't know what the answer is - if the bleeding comes at regular expected times I guess it's OK, but if it is random and unexpected, you may need a gynae referral and scan.

Lizziep

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 07:27:24 PM »

Hi Carrie,

Thanks for your reply.

I'll give it a couple of months and see how it goes.

Cheers,

Lizziep  8)

Limpy

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 07:38:51 PM »

Hi Lizzie

I know that we are not supposed to bleed when using Evorel Conti, but I was warned that breakthrough bleeding is common in the beginning, especially in the first 3 to 6 months.

Hopefully it will stop soon but if you are worried have a word with your GP or whoever prescribed it.

jgr

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 08:53:53 PM »

I was told when i went on this to expect breakthrough bleeding. It did for a couple of months and then nothing since, i have been on this for 2 years. They did say i could expect it for up to 6 months.

sharon1958

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 09:46:23 AM »

This was the first patch that I was on when I started HRT and for the first 3 years I had no heavy bleeding with it at all just occasional spotting but then I started to get very heavy bleeding which would sometimes happen every couple of weeks. I saw my gynae who did the usual tests, scans etc and all was fine but she suggested changing to a different patch - FEMSEVEN CONTI - which caused no bleeding at all. Unfortunately this is unavailable at the moment so I'm on Femoston Conti 1/10 which I seem to be ok with. I was told that re the Evorel the progesterone might have been too strong. Hope it sorts itself out - I'd pop along to your GP/gynae though if it doesn't calm down.

carrs

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 09:35:03 AM »

Hi Sharon

Your comment is interesting, because I now have the exact same problem (I hope) - that is, bleeding every 2 weeks. I have a gynae appointment booked and hope it will just turn out to be hormone imbalance. It's so hard to know which hormones are causing the problems with bleeding and what to do about it.