Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Pain in lower abdomen  (Read 22194 times)

Trey

Re: Pain in lower abdomen
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 11:00:22 PM »

Agree on fibroids and cysts.  My cysts were painful at ovulation.

Sarah2

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 06:12:10 AM »

Hope you get on okay!

Gallstone pain tends to be much higher- not low abdomen- my mum has lots of small gallstones, like gravel she was told, and it's def. high ab ( ribcage area)pain.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 06:26:20 AM by Sarah2 »

Diamonds and pearls 53

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2014, 10:03:55 AM »

Hi Ladies, thank you for all your input/suggestions..strangely the pain died down yesterday evening and I promptly fell asleep on the sofa for a couple of hours.It's  back again today but more of a dull ache now. Interesting to read your post, Sparkle, yes I have been experiencing a throbbing,pulling sensation and the sharp pains too- it sounds very similar!
Trey,I  did try the procedure you mentioned but didn't get referred pain-was probably doing it wrong though!
Sarah,somehow I do feel it is something to do with my ovaries but no idea what as they were said to be 'normal' at my scan...
 I am waiting to speak to my GP to see what she thinks and trying not to imagine all kinds of horrible scenarios...what makes it worse is that having just come off hrt I am battling with feeling pretty grim anyway and my anxiety levels are sky high.Feel thoroughly fed up :(
Diamonds and pearls x

Sarah2

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2014, 10:41:58 AM »

I hope you get some answers- try not to worry as it's only a short while since you had a scan.
When I had a cyst I was advised that if I had severe pain to go to A&E because some cysts can twist on the stalk ( if they are that kind of cyst and mine wasn't at the time) but the dr did say it would be AGONY so to try to reassure you, I doubt it's a cyst that is misbehaving.

Diamonds and pearls 53

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2014, 05:54:25 PM »

Hi Ladies, just to update you..I spoke to my GP and she made me an appt to see the Gynae Dr at the surgery this afternoon. Well, incredibly the pain had subsided and was almost gone by the time I saw her. I did explain it has come and gone over the last 3 weeks though.
 My urine test was normal and on examination she said my tummy felt soft and there was nothing to worry her. She definitely didn't think it was appendicitis as temp,pulse and blood pressure were all normal and I looked 'too well'! She concluded that the pain was probably ovarian in origin and as a result of the changes my body is going through due to coming off hrt. Ditto the extra weeing which hrt prevents apparently.
The thing I don't understand here is that I was having some abdominal discomfort whilst I was still on hrt but she just said it was perhaps because it didn't suit me.
She gave me Mefenamic Acid tablets which are anti inflammatory and target the womb directly should I get any more pain but said my recent scans would have shown up anything sinister. I also have an appt with a Menopause clinic pending so will see what that reveals.
I feel relieved,but still anxious that the pain will come back-it feels like it is 'lurking' somehow and I am not sure I have seen the back of it!
Thanks so much to all of you for your support and reassurance, it means a lot.

Diamonds and pearls x   

Sarah2

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2014, 05:59:27 PM »

Pleased you got on okay- I think you will get more sense out of your appt at the clinic so fingers crossed it won't be too long to wait.

Diamonds and pearls 53

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2014, 06:07:12 PM »

Hi Sarah, I agree-I have to say I was not entirely convinced by her diagnosis but am just relieved the pain has subsided-for now anyway!

Diamonds and pearls x

Sarah2

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2014, 06:33:59 PM »

Hmm :)
Mefenamic acid is usually given for period type pain/ and heavy bleeding as it stops spasms- my gynae gave me some to take (if I wished) before he did a biopsy of my lining,  but I didn't take them because they are a strong anti inflammatory and can upset some people's stomachs. (Glad I didn't take them as I didn't feel a thing.)

Diamonds and pearls 53

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2014, 08:28:38 PM »

Sarah, I queried it when she gave them to me as I've had them in the past for heavy periods but she assured me this would help any pain issues..I don't think I found them particularly effective then so will only take them if I need to..certainly don't need an upset stomach to add to my problems!

Sparkle, Thank you, I will bear that in mind and mention it when I go for my clinic appt. I know I have a small fibroid but have been told at previous scans that it's inactive..never had any hint of endo or adhesions though... It must have been a shock for you to discover you had those as well as fibroids..did you ever have any indication of them before they were diagnosed?

Diamonds and pearls x
Pages: 1 [2]