Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: help!!!  (Read 1910 times)

emma123

help!!!
« on: April 06, 2014, 05:19:41 PM »

hello there.  its my first time here and hope im doing it right.  im hoping you all might be able to help me through this awful time.  i cant talk to my family about it i feel it too private.  my name is emma and im 44, ive suffered with what i and my gp thought was severe pmt for a couple of years now. i used to get very depressed and have horrendous mood swings,  be so cruel and say the the nastiest of things to my most supportive husband to the point i could of walked out on everything. in a calm moment im like what the hell am i doing??? this went on for two weeks prior to my period and a week after my period started.  but now im like it every day, ive been like it for months  i hate myself.
 ive tried the pill which didnt work, ive tried prozac which was fine but destroyed my sex life.
 For a year or so ive been getting hot, i just thought it happened in embarassing situations but getting worse and also started with heart palpitations which frightening.  gp put me on beta blockers till scans etc showed a normal heart (thank goodness) also around this time tried some new anti depressants mirtozapine. the beta blockers and mirto clashed i put tons of weight on and still felt crap.  whilst awaiting scans etc my husband thought i could be staring with the menopause.  id never thought about this im far too young haha and im still having regular periods 24 day cycle used to be about 26/7 but loads lighter. but the more i thought about it yes maybe.  went back to gp who sort of aggreed with me and put me on Qlaria a contraceptive pill a bit like HRT.  ive been on this now for 3 weeks and im feeling no better. has anyone had this treatment that can offer me any advice and help. xxx

Mrs January

Re: help!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 06:01:05 PM »

Hey Emma

I can see that time are hard for you lovely lady. I too had many ups and downs last year with menopause symptoms.

Your OH sounds a treasure and wants to help you. There is a husbands section you could show him the info.

Anyway my advice would be to take each day by one ...look for little positives and read all you can about meno etc...a good book on amazon Menopause for dummies...I got it and it answered many of my questions.my marriage has just ended and I am better for it .

love and hugs

Mrs J xxxxxx

Maryjane

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 06:04:51 PM »

Just saying hi, it is a horrid time ladies with far more knowledge will be along soon regards what you need to be taking HRT wise.

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 06:51:53 PM »

Although blood tests are a bit unreliable it may give you an idea just in general terms what your levels are.
It could be that you would benefit from HRT and not the pill.
If you have a supportive GP then you could discuss that or perhaps ask for a referral to a menopause clinic.

What you describe is very familiar and could well be you are peri menopause which is the run up to meno and can last for many years as your hormones decline.
Some women go straight for HRT and some in the early years try alternatives. If you browse the green menu on the left you can get an understanding of what is happening and your choices of medication that may help.
I would print out the advice for husbands. He sounds great but that will help him understand more fully what you are going through and that it's not his fault.

Honeyb
x

emma123

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 09:06:51 AM »

Thanks mrs j I'll try and order that book. Sorry to hear about your marriage but hopefully you'll move into better times. Good luck x

emma123

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 09:14:43 AM »

Hi honey b
My doctor says that there's no point in doing blood test because they fluctuate everyday!!  I think I ought to go and demand more answers. But it's so hard when you get sat in front of them. I've tried lots of alternative things like reflexology and natural supplements but none have helped. I'm feeling a bit better today but then the depressing thing about it is you know you'll feel crap again in a bit.
Thanks for your advice
Emma x