Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Ears feel full inside,  (Read 3602 times)

sue23

Ears feel full inside,
« on: April 05, 2014, 09:13:04 PM »

Hi has anyone had the feelings as there ears are full and you have to keep swallowing to unblock them, had it for about 3 weeks, :-X

Wombat

Re: Ears feel full inside,
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 09:17:04 PM »

May be your sinus are blocked......is it worse in the morning???

Perhaps try something like sudafed or speak to your GP

It isn't a meno symptom I have experienced, have you tried searching for it on the forum to see if there are any similar threads....

Wombat x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 09:26:47 PM »

Sometimes it's hay fever from tree pollen.  I get blocked and painful ears at they time of year and use Beconese nasal spray hay fever treatment.  DG x

flossie fiddler

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 08:56:58 AM »

You could try a netipot. Great for sinus congestion. It's like a little watering can which you use to pour saline up your nose and it comes out the other side with all the gunk. I once used sprays to stop my nose and ears blocking (they'd worked fine on other occasions) and I ended up with a sinus infection. I think maybe it was due to the fact that the gunk never had chance to get out. I felt like I had severe toothache due to the pressure in my nose and ears.

A friend recommended a netipot, so I got one. At first the water went up but nothg happened. Then I felt a bubbling going on up there and there was a gush of water and what looked like a big blob of lime jelly (sorry, bit graphic). Relief was instant. So now, if there's any kind of congestion going on, I always start with my netipot. It's good for hay fever because it flushes the pollens that cause the irritation away.

Cassie

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 09:12:15 AM »

I used ear candles, they work a treat, clean out your sinuses as well, give them a try :)

Limpy

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 10:43:27 AM »

If my ears feel full, it's usually because they are full of wax and need syringing.
Get your GP to have a look.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 11:49:31 AM »

Definitely get your Practice Nurse to have a look or the local Pharamcist.  Mine feel full occasionally so a good shake of the head can shift it.  DO NOT put anything down your ears i.e. candling etc. unless you have been professional assessed and yes, it is a meno symptom  ::)

Limpy

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 01:11:14 PM »

CLKD - Your Practice Nurse sounds really useful, ours won't do things unless initially directed by a GP!

Mrs January

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2014, 01:19:29 PM »

Hey

I have had this too...thought it was just me and hadn't thought it could be meno related....

Mrs J xxx

Limpy

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2014, 01:24:48 PM »

Thinking about it - When I was at school, aged about 8 to 10 ish, quite a few of the kids around had to get their ears syringed, probably not meno related........      ::)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2014, 03:12:28 PM »

Good idea to have your ears checked out at the GP  perhaps ask to see the practice nurse - it could well be wax build up so easily sorted.  DG x